IGNORED

Availability?

Availability?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Besides preorders has anyone found a new xbox or ps5 in the wild?

• Yes
    • No
    • I just used ebay

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/11/19/tech/ps5-xbox-series-x-stock-sales/index.html

Interesting article thinking they are limiting supply on purpose.  And another article said maybe spring 2021.

Walmart was supposed to have some today.  But everyone still show out of stock.  

Besides preorders any luck finding one?

And ebay is too much.  But some new xbox series S are on ebay are only asking 450.  So only 150 extra.  That is not bad.  Or will they start making more after the holidays and its not worth it?

The poll needs a fourth option: "It's too soon after their release for them to be widely available in retail channels."

The PS5 came out a week ago today; the Xbox Series X nine days ago today.  Even if they'd been stacked up to the ceiling of Wal-Marts everywhere a few days ago, they'd still be unobtainable today.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

Also no company ever has purposely withheld production or stock in stores in the hopes that they'll sell more later. 

There has been early releases of consoles that caused supply and demand issues such as sega with the Saturn release in the US, but that is a different kind of mistake. 

I haven't been looking for new consoles tbh, but I'll probably still go for a ps4 or xbox one first. 

5 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Also no company ever has purposely withheld production or stock in stores in the hopes that they'll sell more later. 

There has been early releases of consoles that caused supply and demand issues such as sega with the Saturn release in the US, but that is a different kind of mistake. 

I haven't been looking for new consoles tbh, but I'll probably still go for a ps4 or xbox one first. 

PS4 pro is still 400.  Why not wait and get the latest.  Why would anybody want a 4 year old system.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/consoles/console/playstation-4-pro-1tb-console.3003346

Edited by 0078265317