IGNORED

Season 18 Round 8 of 15 - Circus Charlie

asponge

Finally sat down to a game today. Level 15 trapeze is very hard. With the previous ones, I get myself into a groove jumping from bar to bar (and racking up some nice points), but by 15, it's harder to get in sync (I think they want you to use the trampolines, which I am not so skilled at). Then comes 16 fire, which tricks you up b/c you know how easy level 1 is, but then bam, there's so much fire and you need to keep backing up. Then 17 monkeys, which I'm currently stuck at. What used to be a walk in the park has become a crazy blue monkey onslaught. I'll jump back on again before the deadline, but beating stage 17 may be another day. Score improvement nevertheless, which has got to be b/c of which parts of stages I had to repeat after dying.

163,690 Stage 17 no coins

cc-nocoin-163k-st17.thumb.JPG.4a001cbf64e245431a9ae2bd15dba940.JPG

I came up with a little story for Chablie when I play. So he's got this job at the circus right, but the ringmaster, you see, drives a tight ship. He gives ol' Chabs only a few tries to mess up before he's given the boot. His performance and audience approval is tracked by his points. When he does really well, the ringmaster will be so pleased he'll give him another chance to slip up. But eventually, the stress of the big top always gets to him and poor Chablie has to pack it in. In the end, he becomes what he's always feared- a sad clown.

I hope you've enjoyed my Circus Charlie fan fiction ?

• Like 1

Apologies for the messiness of the image in my last post.  I was recording some runs of the game with OBS and forgot to maximize the emulator for a screen shot.  Oh well.

Here are the links to the runs if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BncBmy__iGQ  (This is the first ten stages)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTT1Qx60u8o   (This is the third loop)

15 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Well played!

Thank you!  I did not plan on going for another score.  I was just on a roll with that run in the first link and decided to keep going after I stopped the recording.

Good suggestion, man.  I enjoyed the game.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

916,650 (No coins)

This is Stage 120.  I decided to give Circus Charlie another go after playing it for another website.  I figured out a few things during the process.  Actually, this ended up being a continuation from a no death run of the first four loops.  The score would have been higher but I didn't attempt to go for more points on Stage 4 for the first three loops.  I might make another attempt at some point, but I'm happy with the progress for now.

FC Circus Charlie (916,650 Points, Stage 120).png

• Like 1