IGNORED

OoeyGUI v4.0 Released!

Shift838

1 hour ago, Shift838 said:

Greg,

Please export the log and post it here so I can snag it and send it to Malwarebytes.  They are asking for it.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 2/23/21
Protection Event Time: 2:03 PM
Log File: e7c33c06-7622-11eb-afb1-04d9f5f51016.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.3.0.98
Components Version: 1.0.1173
Update Package Version: 1.0.37419
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Malware Details-
File: 1
Malware.AI.856924784, E:\Users\Gregory\Downloads\Windows-x64_OoeyGUI-v4.0.1\Windows-x64_OoeyGUI-v4.0.1\ooeygui.exe, Quarantined, 1000000, 0, 1.0.37419, 639217812579FDAF3313A270, dds, 01128759, 10DF43E2B622737DCB82E45055622C33, B1EB98F1269114088AA91A1D74108C75A5DAB394581C83E1C57856AA4C334075

(end)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:30 PM, Shift838 said:

i'll work on this for the next update to 4.0..  maybe even an option to be able to select where to copy the carts and the disks during install..

so further looking at the code, really all you need to do is change your OoeyGUI configuration to point to a carts and disks directory of your choosing.  You don't have to always copy the carts and disks to the new area.  I only created the carts and disks directories within mame for easy setup.  

Just change it after it has been installed to the directory under the configuration tab and save and you are good to go.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using Debian 10, my system satisfies the requirements but I got an error, version `GLIBC_2.29'  not found (required by /mnt/store/current/retro/ti99-4/emu/ooeygui/libpython3.8.so.1.0) :(

I have MAME 0.229 installed.  My system uses GLIBC_2.28 and Python 3.7.3.  It seems there is no easy way to fix this...  Is there sources for ooeygui somewhere?  I can try to compile them.

• 9 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 9:51 PM, Shift838 said:

I have been able to get OoeyGUI v4.0.1 working on MacOS Big Sur.  The new version is posted on my sourceforge site.

I ended up having to downgrade Python3 to v3.7.6 from 3.7.8 in order to get it working.  It's not python itself, but seems to be an combined issue with 'pyinstaller' and Big Sur.  But its working..

All links to the latest version are updated in the first post of this thread.

I got the same problem trying your v4.0.1 on Big Sur, macOS 11.4, MacBook Pro 2015.  It just freezes up as described for 4.0.0.

Still poking at it.  

On 1/26/2022 at 1:42 PM, FarmerPotato said:

I got the same problem trying your v4.0.1 on Big Sur, macOS 11.4, MacBook Pro 2015.  It just freezes up as described for 4.0.0.

Still poking at it.  

I have loaded up a virtual MAC with Big Sur 11.4.  Tested the current 4.0.3 version and you are correct it hangs.

Modified a few things and OoeyGui now launches with no issues.  Send me a PM so I can share this new version with you to test before i place it on Sourceforge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Hi. Is there a way to run the Ooeygui in windowed mode under Linux? I have an oddball screen size on my laptop (Microsoft Surface Book) and I am unable to see the bottom of the application's screen.

Can you not shrink the window?  it's already running in window mode.. and what is your current resolution set to?

Edited by Shift838

20 hours ago, Shift838 said:

Can you not shrink the window?  it's already running in window mode.. and what is your current resolution set to?

The resolution is 1280x720, an oddball resolution which is due to the screen size of the Surface Book.

The problem is that while I can drag and resize the lateral edges, I am not able to do the same for the top edge and the bottom edge is below the screen. I manage by blindly tabbing to where I expect the different buttons are on the bottom edge (through trial and error) and selecting them with the space bar, but obviously this is inconvenient at best.

While I have your attention, it seems there is an issue with the p-system. The screen is garbled on launch. This does not happen if I launch it directly from Mame v. 0.239. And yes, I double-checked the config file and all the directories are correct.

2 hours ago, Vorticon said:

The resolution is 1280x720, an oddball resolution which is due to the screen size of the Surface Book.

The problem is that while I can drag and resize the lateral edges, I am not able to do the same for the top edge and the bottom edge is below the screen. I manage by blindly tabbing to where I expect the different buttons are on the bottom edge (through trial and error) and selecting them with the space bar, but obviously this is inconvenient at best.

While I have your attention, it seems there is an issue with the p-system. The screen is garbled on launch. This does not happen if I launch it directly from Mame v. 0.239. And yes, I double-checked the config file and all the directories are correct.

what exact system configuration do you have when using the psystem so I can try to replicate it.

Edited by Shift838

On 12/1/2020 at 11:56 PM, webdeck said:

Thanks.  Is there a way to turn on more logging so that I can give you more data to help debug it?

This is the solution to running OoeyGUI on Big Sur:

in Terminal:

cd ooeygui
export QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER=1
./ooeygui

I found it at MacRumors forum here

My Mac is running Big Sur 11.4

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

This is the solution to running OoeyGUI on Big Sur:

in Terminal:

cd ooeygui
export QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER=1
./ooeygui

I found it at MacRumors forum here

My Mac is running Big Sur 11.4

Great find!  On Monterey, due to the lack of code signing, I also had to do:

sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ooeygui

(where ooeygui is the path to the directory where ooeygui lives)

• Like 1

More Big Sur install woes - 11.3

Error I get when I click "Install Mame"

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
  Referenced from: /Users/olsone/TI99/mame/mame0239b-macos64bitx86/mame0239-x86//mame
  Reason: image not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3714, in _installmame
  File "ooeygui.py", line 3962, in mamesetup
  File "ooeygui.py", line 265, in modifymameconfig
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: $(HOME)/TI99/mame/mame0239b-macos64bitx86/mame0239-x86/mame.ini

It seems OoeyGUI assumes there will be some mame.ini but the 239b that I downloaded does not have one pre-installed.

I thought it might be a write permission problem?

touch ~/TI99/mame/mame0239b-macos64bitx86/mame0239-x86/mame.ini

and then it installed OK. So @Shift838 it seems like a bug in OoeyGui, maybe Mame used to ship with a default mame.ini file and no longer does?

Meanwhile, (and this is a blocker for trying to launch a system), this error for the SDL.framework:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2

First I tried to build SDL2 from source.  DON'T! is all I will say.  Download SDL2 binary here: https://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php

Now I am up and running!

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 10:21 AM, Vorticon said:

What surface book do you have?  I have a surface book 2 and mine will do up to 2560 x 1600 resolution with no issues

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 4:32 PM, Vorticon said:

p-system.thumb.jpg.ab903b6c783f45666239738b08ba82c4.jpg

I configured my TI system to boot p-code as you have.  I don't have the disk you have itself, i just used the standard ED-FILER disk to boot and on my linux system with MAME v0.239 I have not issues booting it with no garbled screen.

PCODE-mamelnx.thumb.png.ced8d04dc2e346a1998921048f4316a5.png

7 hours ago, Shift838 said:

What surface book do you have?  I have a surface book 2 and mine will do up to 2560 x 1600 resolution with no issues

I have the Surface Book 1 and it can go up to 3000x2000. The issue is that it's screen size is 13.5" diagonal and there is a lot of distortion under linux Mint with the native resolution. I found that 1280x720 gives the best aspect ration for display but at the cost of having small bands at the top and bottom. The display problem with Ooeygui I am experiencing is likely a unique case to me. Out of curiosity, did you use Tkinter for the GUI? I programmed a personal budgeting program in Python using it for the GUI interface and it gave me endless headaches with the screen display.

6 hours ago, Shift838 said:

I configured my TI system to boot p-code as you have.  I don't have the disk you have itself, i just used the standard ED-FILER disk to boot and on my linux system with MAME v0.239 I have not issues booting it with no garbled screen.

Then I'm stumped. As I said, it runs fine directly from Mame using a script and there are no issues with the display outside of the p-system.

I'll keep messing with it... Thanks for looking into it.

Can you pass the "-log" option via OoeyGui? Just to make sure that there are no error outputs. The output is in error.log.

The screen as shown above does not look like having an issue with resolution things; this rather seems like coming from the emulated system.

3 hours ago, Vorticon said:

I have the Surface Book 1 and it can go up to 3000x2000. The issue is that it's screen size is 13.5" diagonal and there is a lot of distortion under linux Mint with the native resolution. I found that 1280x720 gives the best aspect ration for display but at the cost of having small bands at the top and bottom. The display problem with Ooeygui I am experiencing is likely a unique case to me. Out of curiosity, did you use Tkinter for the GUI? I programmed a personal budgeting program in Python using it for the GUI interface and it gave me endless headaches with the screen display.

I used PyQt.   Maybe a driver issue if you are seeing image distortion..

Edited by Shift838