IGNORED

HSC17 Round 22: CAVERNIA

therealbountybob

Well it was kinda exciting in the end as SURPRISE! Cavernia won the poll. Not sure if it is a full game or demo and looks like there are lots of men on the screenshot(!) but let's see how it goes.

Cavernia

cavernia.png

Download: http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=1675

More later!

[edit]

INFO:

TO CLIMB ONTO A PLATFORM ABOVE - HOLD BUTTON IN AND PRESS UP

MOVING PLATFORMS - RUN L/R AS THE PLATFORM APPROACHES AND KEEP STICK  HELD

YOU NEED TO GET ALL ITEMS THEN THE KEY THEN EXIT THE LEVEL

Round Ends Wednesday 9th December 10am UK Time (yes, slighly shorter than usual).

Cavernia has 16 levels afaik. But it's too hard/difficult for me, I absolutely hate these very small moving platforms that do NOT move your player (you have to jump on them and then move with them). The electric thingies in the game are also not nice. This is a love + hate game for me, I love the gfx, but hate the (too hard) gameplay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Cavernia has 16 levels afaik. But it's too hard/difficult for me, I absolutely hate these very small moving platforms that do NOT move your player (you have to jump on them and then move with them). The electric thingies in the game are also not nice. This is a love + hate game for me, I love the gfx, but hate the (too hard) gameplay.

Thanks CC - what you are saying is they need to use my unique Block on Legs moving platforms :-D

Good to see it works, can't remember HSC playing it before and probably not played it much re CCs comments, let's see how it goes ;-)

11 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Thanks CC - what you are saying is they need to use my unique Block on Legs moving platforms :-D

Good to see it works, can't remember HSC playing it before and probably not played it much re CCs comments, let's see how it goes ;-)

It's a shame that the guy doesn't stick to the platforms when he lands but otherwise it seems like a very good game.

The platforms move at the same speed as the guy so they're not difficult to jump on to when you learn to time it correctly

Edited by McKong

12 hours ago, carlsson said:

Cavernia - 1160 pts (level 2)

I need to learn how to time the moving platform.

cavernia-1160.jpg.be1b8c91c91936383200fd2a230a705f.jpg

Stand on the edge and wait for the platform to arrive. Just before it reaches you jump. Either hold the fire button to make him double jump straight off the platform (if it's a small gap) or hold the joystick in the direction the platform is travelling to make him stay on. In some places he can't jump so just walk on to the platform just before it arrives

Had my first couple of goes, I have the original disk and not played it much - nearly gave up in disgust as twitchy falling off but then realised you can jump up HOLD BUTTON IN AND PRESS UP TO CLIMB UP ONTO A PLATFORM, after that the game was better! Got to the 2nd level, score 990ish will play more as the round continues, looks impressive :)

Round Ends Wednesday 9th December 10am UK Time (yes, slighly shorter than usual).

Edited by therealbountybob

2190 Got to the third level, should make some progress now I have some Atari time!

The 2nd level is overly hard and will put off many peiple - do you need to sacrifice a man to get the item near the start?

Reminder:

Will start up the next poll soon :idea:

Round 23 >>>POLL OPEN<<<

6 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

2190 Got to the third level, should make some progress now I have some Atari time!

The 2nd level is overly hard and will put off many peiple - do you need to sacrifice a man to get the item near the start?

Reminder:

Will start up the next poll soon :idea:

Round 23 >>>POLL OPEN<<<

No. If you move left a bit when you land on the second platform, and jump from there, you can get the item and land on the next platform ok.

• Like 1

@caco: maybe on the end of this year or beggining of 2021 will be available cartridge with some games published and written by me. So, you still can buy some games from me :P Also new ones - probably in 2021 will be available new, extended version of Last Squadron :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sikor said:

@caco: maybe on the end of this year or beggining of 2021 will be available cartridge with some games published and written by me. So, you still can buy some games from me :P Also new ones - probably in 2021 will be available new, extended version of Last Squadron :)

Hej Sikor. Szanuję Cię jako wydawcę i koleżkę który do tej pory działa na scenie ATARI-bit. Kupowałem Twoją Ligę Polską itp. Myślę, że jest mało ludzi/graczy, którzy jeszcze działają i coś z tego wszysttkiego pamiętają. Działałem z atarionline.pl i z KAZ em, brałem udział w konkursach itp. To, że mnie nie znasz, trudno. :)

• Like 1