IGNORED

Sky Raider Redux preview for the Atari Lynx

Songbird

I was finally able to get some time in and finally beat the first boss after getting the pattern down. It’s full of great additions to what was already one of my favorite games, like the Galaga to River Raid’s Galaxian. It’s such a fun and relaxing game to play, and I love the music. What a great addition to the library.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Songbird said:

Thanks everyone! Glad you're enjoying it so far. You really need to reach level 5+ to really see some cool parts. And don't fly slow for very long! You run out of fuel quickly that way. ;) 

Ah, so the opposite of real life!  I skipped the manual when I was playing and was flying more slow to conserve gas.  I have made it to the first boss now, but cannot land enough hits to get past it.  Really enjoying the game so far.  Great for playing a few minutes at a stretch. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 9:34 AM, Nightlite1999 said:

Ah, so the opposite of real life!  I skipped the manual when I was playing and was flying more slow to conserve gas.

Keep in mind, this is an update of an old Atari 2600 game, and the risk/reward tradeoff between conserving gas and safely navigating the obstacles was a key gameplay element.  You could make it more realistic, but you would lose the soul of the game.  :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

This is not (yet) related to Sky Raiders Redux but mostly concern some of Songbird's games, french Youtube channel "Eternal Games" made a video with Championship Rally, A Bug's Trip Redux, Zaku & Mortal Kombat.

In their conclusion, they said they should receive soon Wyvern Tales and Sy Raiders, so maybe a future video ?

Collections et Anecdotes : Homebrew ATARI LYNX : ZAKU - MORTAL KOMBAT - A BUG’S TRIP - RALLY - YouTube

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

looks like someone is making money out of you demo... ?

I would say, that's normal human behavior ?

On the other hand seeing such fine box is a reward in itself.

Edited by laoo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Cafeman said:

Never having played an Atari Lynx, this game was off my radar until today.  I love River Raid and Sky Raider Redux looks like a sequel in spirit and looks very fun! 

Yup!  If you like River Raid, you owe it to yourself to give Sky Raider a shot.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Cafeman said:

Never having played an Atari Lynx, this game was off my radar until today.  I love River Raid and Sky Raider Redux looks like a sequel in spirit and looks very fun! 

The lynx world is pretty amazing.  There are so many great games on the little console.  I haven't gotten Sky Raider because I'm still trying to finish Wyvern Tales.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I made it up to level 25 of Sky Raider tonight (not on one credit).  I believe that's the furthest I've been able to get so far.  I love how some bridges have a tank beginning to drive across before you blow both of them to smithereens - great detail, and so satisfying!

• Like 3