IGNORED

CollectorVision Experience Club 2021

retroillucid

16 minutes ago, OriginalJohn said:

Does the dumped rom work in ColeEM?  Reason why I ask is that I dumped it, tried it out and the screen is corrupted.   I have yet to try the game on original hardware (That I have to dig out of my attic) -- the dump of the (yellow label game) worked just fine.

Works for me with ColEm 5.5

13 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Have not tried. It loaded to the first title screen on CoolCV but my input configuration for this emulator is screwed up and didn’t have time to look into fixing it... so only played the dump on real hardware.

Works in CoolCV.  Only played it through to the second screen but seems fine.

2 hours ago, OriginalJohn said:

Does the dumped rom work in ColeEM?  Reason why I ask is that I dumped it, tried it out and the screen is corrupted.   I have yet to try the game on original hardware (That I have to dig out of my attic) -- the dump of the (yellow label game) worked just fine.

I tried it on CoolCV for immediate testing, and it worked perfectly. I don’t know about ColEm. 

On 6/9/2021 at 5:12 PM, phattyboombatty said:

I tried it on CoolCV for immediate testing, and it worked perfectly. I don’t know about ColEm. 

Thanks everyone for ringing in on my question.   I tried the game on two working (original - non modded) CV's and it appears the first 'setup' screen is corrupted, so judging by that my dump was good :)  

Following up after doing some further testing on issues with one of the secret games when played on an ADAM. If other ADAM owners could test and chime in, it would be interesting to see if they experience the same issues when using the actual cartridge.

I removed all additional hardware so that the system is stock and the issue I previously described still occurs. The Adam is what some have termed a “Super Adam” since it will play a large number of SGM required games without the need to connect the SGM.  Earlier this year it was discovered that this Adam also had an issue that rendered the MIB238 Serial Ports not useable until the MIB238 was fixed.

i setup my backup ADAM system (stock, no additional hardware) and the first screen played perfectly. Unfortunately the second screen experienced a number of issues including the item that floats at the top could actually move off the top of the screen and reappear at the bottom. Another was the character could get to a magic spot about 4/5 of the way thru the screen and then is transformed back to the starting position.

Just want to make the issues known for other possible Adam owners and interested to hear how the game works on their system. I’m good with playing the rom image via the AtariMax cart on the Adam and have numerous other options with a CV or Phoenix. 

The SGM label isn't on the box of Cavern Fighter.  I believe it is a mistake in the description saying, "***This game require the SGM or the Phoenix.".  Tony Cruise have worked on this game to not use the SGM.  However Ice World does have the SGM label on the box since it is a port from MSX though, and the description is correct.

2 hours ago, youki said:

Adding Carvern Fighter to the cart,  i just realized Cavern Fighter needs the SGM???  I thought it was running on a stock colecovision.

Is it a mistake on the site?

Weird. I saw it for Ice World, but not Cavern Fighter. We must have been looking in different places. I was looking in the description below the box. Ice World has

*** (three asterisks) followed by needing Phoenix or SGM

I saw no such note for Cavern Fighter.

BTW, It looks much different from the ZX Spectrum version which had a couple spots that looked like they could induce seizures, like where the diagonal line is running through a a bunch of vertical lines and then another after finishing a stage where the screen went all flickery.

51 minutes ago, evg2000 said:

It shows in the description, I'm sure it just need to be updated:
image.thumb.png.d7c934c625ca2d76da218b7e8e718568.png

That's just weird. They weren't there last night. Looks like someone did a cut and paste today of Ice World description/image to Cavern Fighter.

Yep and just to confirm, Cavern Fighter will run on a base ColecoVision and does not require any expansions, but will of course run on a system with them.
All my current in progress games are targeted 1st for the base ColecoVision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think I'll save my pennies for a proper version of Pengo from Opcode rather than this Ice World.  As for Cavern Fighter, I have the excellent homebrew Super Cobra Arcade for the Atari 2600 so no need for that either.  What I don't have and definitely want from Collectorvision is Mr Do!'s Wild Ride.  I know they are working on that as they have mentioned it in another thread and as they've made it public, surely they wouldn't then turn around and make it a secret, club member only game, eh?  Surely not.