IGNORED

Is Madtronix still in business?

quohog

I ordered a light pen from the Madtronix site and the paypal went through, but there was no order confirmation from the site's shop. Also no response came when I emailed the site or reached out to John on facebook. 

Anyone know if this is typical and he's just busy? Or is Madtronix a zombie site?

I'm still hoping for the best. Just wondering if anybody else had similar or not similar results recently.

Thanks!

On 12/10/2020 at 12:06 PM, Jordan Leitner said:

This also happened to me when ordering, no confirmation of sale or shipping.

Then the package showed up.. Shipping was quick and packed great. 

I still need to order the 3D Viewer form them, if anyone has one I would love to see a review.  

For functionality and fit I think the Madtronix Vectrex 3D Imager is better than the original.

Overall fit is better.

Visibility is better.

All game color wheels (disc) are included with the Madtronix 3D Imager.

The point some my have a problem with is the spinning disc is exposed. The wind the disc generates might bother some people. Either immediately, or after playing for a while. However, I never find it to be a problem.

Another potentially big plus for the Madtronix Vectrex 3D Imager is the fact the color wheel is much easier to make/replicate than the original GCE color wheels. This lends itself to homebrew replication. And also making other color wheels if different color layouts. And wholly different colors. Great for new 3D games that might use different layouts.

9 hours ago, Vectrexer said:

The point some my have a problem with is the spinning disc is exposed. The wind the disc generates might bother some people. Either immediately, or after playing for a while. However, I never find it to be a problem.

I put a piece of tinted plexiglass in mine.  The tint also helped with some ghosting i was getting while playing 3d games

14 hours ago, Vectrexer said:

For functionality and fit I think the Madtronix Vectrex 3D Imager is better than the original.

Overall fit is better.

Visibility is better.

All game color wheels (disc) are included with the Madtronix 3D Imager.

Another potentially big plus for the Madtronix Vectrex 3D Imager is the fact the color wheel is much easier to make/replicate than the original GCE color wheels. This lends itself to homebrew replication. And also making other color wheels if different color layouts. And wholly different colors. Great for new 3D games that might use different layouts.

Thanks for the info!

I put one on my holiday wish list... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sadly, I had a problem with my 3D imager (the spindle for the color wheel broke the fourth time I used it, which may have been partly my fault - I installed the color wheel backwards at first use, causing it to hit RPMs probably beyond what it was intended for) and I can't get through to him to ask what I can do to fix it :(

Since we're on the subject, does anybody know if the plastic spindle with the ball bearings is a standard part? It looks similar to some kind of CD drive spindles, but I don't think it's the right size.

B1A3770F-58AB-4A92-BEDD-22D8542B4C1F.jpeg

70C8C5DC-4CA7-4A08-85B7-0A146821A270.jpeg

EDIT: Looks like I solved my own problem! This PS1 replacement spindle sure looks like the same: https://www.ebay.com/itm/173906998554

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, replacing the spindle didn’t do the job. The motor only starts spinning when I tilt it facing upward. It seems like there’s some kind of friction, but I don’t see any contact points. Maybe I’ll try to sand down the spindle and use teflon tape on the bottom or something...

• 2 months later...

They sure are in business. It took about a month and a half (I'm sure a chunk of that was shipping) but I received a 3D imager and light pen from Johannes yesterday. So thrilled to finally be able to play these games on my multicart!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I got the same issue :( I made an order on Madtronix website on March 21st. First i was surprised to not received any confirmation email for my order. So I send a message without any reply. And send a new message on month ago to get an update on my purchase without any answer :( 

As my order is still on a pending status on Madtronix website, I hope to have an happy ending story like some people here.

Regards

Jean-Frédéric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...