IGNORED

Roughly My Collection.

Markeno

Being a kid in the 80s, I like the older stuff out there.  We never had an Atari 2600 in the house, not until my Dad a light 6er at a yard sale in the late 90s.  So I played on several of my cousin's a bit back in the day.  I mostly remember playing at my on Aunt and Uncles when I went over there, I would get it out of the  Attic and hook it up.  Their boys didn't play with it anymore.   We had a NES in the 80s at some point.  I had and still have my original Gameboy, although the screen had been failing for years, that is sorted though now.  I had saved up and got a Super Nintendo, and later a Sega Genesis Model 2 both left the house about 10 years ago and I wish they hadn't now.  I had a Ti994/a beige model in the 90s before my parents purchased a 486DX2 66mhz in 94 I believe.  Before that I had various of the Vtech simple basic computers which I loved playing with back in the day.  I should still have two of the Vtechs, and need to find out where they are and what condition they are in.  I guess I should findout and make sure they are ok and put them in a better place.

So I will post some of my more recent things I have been collecting.  I had the Atari 2600 still with me, but I wasn't using it, and I figured my Dad might.  I serviced it, the controllers and cartridge and switched it from RF to Composite Video and gave it back to him the other year. 

So the only original system I have is my Gameboy DMG1. The screen was going, but I attempted a back light with the inverter.  It looked so much better, but still was missing all the lines, even more actually.  I replaced the LCD with one of the new ones.  I am quite happy with it, although had my screen been repairable I would have been very happy with the backlight mod with the original screen.  For me that was a very difficult mod, getting the backing off of the factory LCD was horrible with trying to not break the glass or cause damage to loose lines. In the end I lost more lines and it made it worse.  The screen cover area was replaced with a Glass replacement that you can see broke, it was slightly to large and tight to fit properly.  I have recently replaced the glass with a new one that I got fitted properly.

gboyorig.jpg

gboybivert.jpg

gboylcd.jpg

For more recent mostly original old gear that is mostly the Commodore stuff.

I have my two Commodore 64s.  The first being a 250407 board, I then found a bargain on a 326298 that was in rough shape.  A Commodore 128, I built a 80 Column adapter for use with it.  Some 1541 drives, I built some Pi1541s for them, one with a Tapuino as well.  For me much of what I like is fixing them up and getting them in good working condition again, or building things to go with them.  Then getting some time to use them.  There is also the TI99/4a that I got more recently, hoping to get back to having some fun with it.

PICT0356.JPG

PICT0360.JPG

PICT0364.JPG

PICT0368.JPG

PICT0370.JPG

PICT0372.JPG

PICT0374.JPG

PICT0375.JPG

• Like 1