4th Annual Fall Knockout Tourney - Round 4 - Q*bert

Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

4th Annual Fall Knockout Tournament

Round 4

Q*bert ScreenshotQ*bert for Colecovision Box ArtQ*bert Screenshot

Game Information

Game Name: Q*bert

Released by: Arcade: D. Gottlieb 1982. CV: Parker Bros. 1983.

Settings: Skill/Game 1

CV HSC High Score: Game 1: 550,325 NCG (8/2017 HSC 10).

Manual: http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/qbert manual.pdf

Round Ends: Sunday December 13th at 8pm (PST) 11pm (EST)

Rules are simple. After each round ends, the player with the lowest score is eliminated and we continue playing rounds until one individual remains atop the carnage. Having the top score isn't necessary yet, just don't have the lowest score. Good Luck!

Final Q*bert Scores

1)108,670 jblenkle

2)101,475 Mangia-Boy  

3)  90,455 fakecortex

4)  85,985 zaphro72

5)  68,830 digress

6)  40,045 Serguei2 ELIMINATED

Other Q*bert Scores

1)225,760 DuggerVideoGames

Players

1)digress 

2)fakecortex

3)jblenkle

4)Mangia-Boy

5)Serguei2

6)zaphro72

7)DuggerVideoGames (ELIMINATED Round 3)

8)ed1475                      (ELIMINATED Round 2)

9)roadrunner               (ELIMINATED Round 1)

q-bert-1983.rom

Edited by Northcoastgamer
Update

No success coming close to my high, but I did play a little on NES, and I now like the CV version even more. The NES one is incredibly sluggish. I always remembered having trouble with that cart, and coming off of the precise and fast controls of the Colecovision, the Nintendo one just doesn't cut it. This is a game where you have to move quickly, so slow controls is a big no.

11 hours ago, Mangia-Boy said:

Great score!

In the absence of BMack36 you were my big favourite.

You really would deserve a Colecovision HSC first place.

I've been impressed with Brian's play the past few seasons.  There are some games - very few - where I crush him and some games where he crushes me.  What stands out about Brian's play is that he is almost always a top-3 player across a wide variety of games.  In games where neither he nor I are in the top 2, he's still up there at 3 or 4 when I'm down at 7 or 8.

Players like him and NCG aren't just good at many games... they EXCEL at many games!  That level of competition makes these seasons more fun, if you ask me.  Pushes me to improve at games I otherwise would not have played much with; the result of this is that I've grown to enjoy some games more than I thought I would (Mountain King, for example).

Winning a season would be nice, but it's not important to me.  Frankly, I enjoy the fact that I'm not number one sometimes.  It tells me that there's still other people who love Colecovision games and have enough fun with them to excel at them.  We are not alone in our passion for these wonderful games.  :)

• Like 2