IGNORED

"Dragonfly" preorder

rj1307

21 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I'm not familiar with the brand but it looks to be a switching regulator supply so that +12v will likely remain +12 even with a load on it. I'm sure the DF cart has been built to handle that but would need @rj1307 to confirm that is okay. The rest of the specs aside from the voltage do seem to match what is in the manual yes.

How ‘bout this one? 9VDC, 1.5A 5.5x2.1 mm barrel jack, center positive ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

That looks to be a winner to me! Again, I'm not familiar with the various brands that are out there. I've been looking over getting a TRAID from Mouse or something or even a Meanwell but they also usually cost 2x more. I likely have something on hand from an old router or something that will do the job and if not, I know I have some modern ones I've used that I can swap the wiring on to change the polarity and then dedicate that to the DF cart.

5 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

So basically a power supply like this? (seems like I've bought these for many modern projects these days): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2E5IXW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&fpw=alm

No, this power supply is 12V and it should be 9V. Remember that the console is powered by the same voltage. Of course, both Dragonfly and the console will turn on, but they will heat up much more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rj1307 said:

No, this power supply is 12V and it should be 9V. Remember that the console is powered by the same voltage. Of course, both Dragonfly and the console will turn on, but they will heat up much more.

Thanks for clarifying. Didn't know if you had additional regulation in the DF to handle higher voltage and drop it down. I know that my 7800 original PSU puts out over +12 without a load and the input on the VR would show about 10.5v. So the 7800 can handle the +12 but didn't know how the DF cart would handle that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Indcsion said:

Do you know how long it will take to receive them?

Today I sent a few pieces that I had prepared, now I'm waiting for PCBs that should be coming soon and I'm starting to assemble. Holidays and the New Year are coming, so by the end of December I will make a few pieces, but I will catch up only in January.
The case can generate the biggest delay, I am able to print about 10 copies a week, so I have been printing all the time for some time.

In the list from the first thread, I mark the people to whom I sent the cartridge, after that you can follow the progress. :) 

Edited by rj1307
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, rj1307 said:

Today I sent a few pieces that I had prepared, now I'm waiting for PCBs that should be coming soon and I'm starting to assemble. Holidays and the New Year are coming, so by the end of December I will make a few pieces, but I will catch up only in January.
The case can generate the biggest delay, I am able to print about 10 copies a week, so I have been printing all the time for some time.

In the list from the first thread, I mark the people to whom I sent the cartridge, after that you can follow the progress. :) 

Number 21 on the list... hope I make the cut for December. ?