IGNORED

how to get ebay to change return shipping?

bah

I'll try to make this short.  I sold 8 separate carts to one guy.  Buyer asked for combined shipping so I said sure and charged actual.  Now the buyer has some problem and wants to return all 8.  He claims all defective which means Ebay wnts me to provide return shipping, which I am actually ok with since I am not going to let him keep 400 dollars worth of carts for free.  The problem comes in that Ebay wants me to send 8 return labels at their amount.  I cant get any sane answers through Ebay or paypal that I want to provide 1 label.  Their phone help is near useless as the operator I got is obviously from India with a heavy accent.  She went through the same no help screens that I had already read.  Paypal will happily sell me a label but it has to be with me as the return address and not the ship to address.

What am I missing, there must be a way to reverse the addresses and buy a shipping label I can send this guy? 

BTW this post is 1/3 asking for help and 2/3 trying to cool down so I don't reach through the screen and strangle the paypal help guy that keeps giving me the same procedures I already told him don't work.

Basically you are screwed the way ebay is doing returns now.  Those will also count as 8 strikes against you and your items will be hidden from view in searches without you even knowing it unless you are a thousands of items a year seller.  Ebay has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with by far and I have had to contact some real stinkers through the years.  Ebay tries to be like Amazon but Amazon sells trillions of dollars of items worldwide and ebay sells $0 relying upon other sellers hard work to make money.  You think they would realize they need to treat sellers fairly but they do not.  They have been hurt with local sales using FB marketplace, letgo etc...  I do believe I will live to see the day that ebay becomes just another website and not one that most people think of for reselling.

I agree with all of you about e-bay right now,It is definitely not for good hearted sellers anymore,e-bay has done what most have done>turn against those that helped them succeed from the start

I wish all of you better selling days as well a Happy Holiday?

• Like 1

Call again and say you already did 'this stuff' once and want your call escalated to a domestic care supervisor so you can get proper help.  Cue card reading morons are totally worthless if it is not black and white.  If you can get an american they'll make it right and provide the correct label.

Maybe try googling gethuman +ebay and see if maybe that'll get a better connection than the auto feed crap from their own site.  I've done both before over different issues.  Never been screwed by a local, just trouble from the idiot pool.

• Like 1

I sold a game about a year ago, tested before sold.  Buyer (who was a pain to start with, and I should have cancelled the sale) got the game and said it didn't work.  When I received it back, I took pictures of the game working (tv screen photos), uploaded those through ebay's messaging system to the buyer to prove it worked, and after a few back and forths with the seller, I took it to ebay.  I think it started with an e-mail to them, then I think I called and talked to someone, all the while referencing the messages I had back and forth with the buyer, including the "working" pictures I uploaded (which ebay can see).  When it was all said and done, I ended up even.  Getting the game back, getting refunded for the shipping, and the return shipping, and all.  

• Like 1

Bottom line:

Paypal says I had upgraded my account to premium and then re-downgraded it to standard and that is the reason I can't do a return labels through them. I'm too cheap to pay for an upgrade but they can't say when/why it happened only that is did. I gave up on this based on the following:

Seller stated he would take games to post office and send and then take a pic of the label for Ebay to verify returns sent. So I waited yesterday.  This morning, I found out the guy opened 8 cases against me at 3:10 am, Ebay sided with him and closed the cases by 4 in the morning.  He has to ship the games back.  They issued him labels (yes 8 and they didn't even tell me the amount).  I get to refund and pay for shipping.  Most likely I have 8 strikes against me now.  SWEEEET. Tried in my absence!

doubledown, I will have to follow your tactic. I am 100 % sure the games were not sent broken/unworking, I just hope they haven't been made so just to justify a return. Buyer did state the original box was fine and he would ship back in it.

To be fair, I have 300+ sales and no bad buyers like the above ever but man it only takes one.

Edited by bah