IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

16 hours ago, AardVaark said:

I reserved a Concerto cart on 12/31, and just finished getting my 7800 AV modded and ready to go on a huge 36" Sony CRT TV.  Now, I'm chomping at the bit to get the Concerto cart!  Is there any way I could get an update where I am in line?  I also sent a PM a couple days ago.  Thank you, and thank you for your work on this project - it is exactly what has been needed for the 7800 for a long time!

Same here I pd and reserved and was just curious abt any update in case email was lost.

I have had a few obligations in the past week that has slowed my progress on getting through the reservations, but I am back on it today and the rest of the week.

Also, soon there will be some optional upgrades. For a little extra, you can choose a translucent case, and will get a clear label as well:

IMG_1867.jpg.66a8170f8862f898bc3c4e3014269f0d.jpgIMG_1869.jpg.7ce7d1148f884800e017cca21ef47f66.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:07 PM, batari said:

I have had a few obligations in the past week that has slowed my progress on getting through the reservations, but I am back on it today and the rest of the week.

Also, soon there will be some optional upgrades. For a little extra, you can choose a translucent case, and will get a clear label as well:

IMG_1867.jpg.66a8170f8862f898bc3c4e3014269f0d.jpgIMG_1869.jpg.7ce7d1148f884800e017cca21ef47f66.jpg

Ooooh.

• Like 1

As he said a few days ago, Fred is probably too busy building carts and working on the firmware to pay much attention to the thread at the moment.  When he set up the reservations system back in December, he also said he didn’t want to take more reservations than he could build in a month or so. I’m sure once he gets completely caught up he’ll open up reservations again. 

• Like 6

On 1/19/2021 at 8:39 PM, AlwaysOnPlanetPatrol said:

I received mine today and put in a POKEY.  I had a collection of ROMs and tried Ballblazer and Commando.  Ballblazer worked, but Commando only had the generic sound which was bizarre?  Upon loading it did detect the POKEY sound for Ballblazer but not for Commando.  So at least I put the chip in correctly.

@ZihuaCode discovered that there are versions of the Commando ROM out there that do not have the correct bit set in the .A78 header.

We're debating how to best handle that in Argon - we have a server side database and could flag/correct for that, but we'll see... We had a similar problem with .LNX files with incorrect display titles, incorrect orientation flags (portrait vs landscape, etc). 

In the meantime, as you found, if the bit is properly set in the file, you're golden.

9 hours ago, bhall408 said:

@ZihuaCode discovered that there are versions of the Commando ROM out there that do not have the correct bit set in the .A78 header.

This particular one has been discovered and rediscovered a few times... every time a new emulator or device with pokey comes along, someone reports that they get no pokey music in Commando. :)

10 hours ago, bhall408 said:

We're debating how to best handle that in Argon - we have a server side database and could flag/correct for that, but we'll see... We had a similar problem with .LNX files with incorrect display titles, incorrect orientation flags (portrait vs landscape, etc). 

In the meantime, as you found, if the bit is properly set in the file, you're golden.

Well the Argon thing I'm sure has it's own thread these kinda posts are better suited in. Pretty sure this thread is folks concerned with the Concerto not whatever Argon is.

21 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Well the Argon thing I'm sure has it's own thread these kinda posts are better suited in. Pretty sure this thread is folks concerned with the Concerto not whatever Argon is.

The issue that I was responding to (A78 files that don't correctly report POKEY chip needed) is common to anything that works with A78 files -- Concerto (as well as Dragonfly probably) and emulators.

A separate thread could be created if needed. Point taken.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bhall408 said:

The issue that I was responding to (A78 files that don't correctly report POKEY chip needed) is common to anything that works with A78 files -- Concerto (as well as Dragonfly probably) and emulators.

A separate thread could be created if needed. Point taken.

Not really in the Concerto Ordering thread though, I think is the point.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cedropoole said:

I see you are out of stock and no longer taking reservations. Any idea as to when the Concerto will be available again?

On 1/23/2021 at 8:02 AM, DrVenkman said:

As he said a few days ago, Fred is probably too busy building carts and working on the firmware to pay much attention to the thread at the moment.  When he set up the reservations system back in December, he also said he didn’t want to take more reservations than he could build in a month or so. I’m sure once he gets completely caught up he’ll open up reservations again. 

• Like 3

Just now, CPUWIZ said:

If you have vaccine in stock, I'd be up for a trade.  I need 2 doses, thanks.

No, these are "only for his collection" remember? :lol:

For those that have not been around long enough, when McGrail says "collection" he actually means "to sell on ebay".

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, holygrailvideogames.com said:

Getting an order in for the Concerto cart has been harder than getting on the list for a covid vaccine.

I'll sell you mine for two million dollars and a monster truck.  There's a POKEY in it and I've applied the label to the cartridge, so I know what it's worth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2