IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

Hello, all!

I need to mention a few things:

1. I have about 40 reservations to get through, after which Concerto will be available to anyone on a first-come, first-served basis. At that point, I will add small amounts of inventory to the normal order page periodically until demand has slowed down enough that I don't need to limit inventory. At that time, I will also be adding more payment options.

2. I am neatly OUT of the used, recycled 7800 cart shells. Once these run out, which will be in about a week or two, those choosing the black cartridge shell may get their Concerto installed in a recycled, modified 2600 shell. I will post a picture later of what that looks like so you know what you are getting. The new translucent shells are still available for an extra charge.

3. After the reservations orders are complete, unless I find a source of 7800 recycled shells, I will probably remove the recycled shell option entirely and all shells for Concerto will be new, injection-molded shells. The black shells will still cost slightly less than the translucent shells due to the different labels required.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update!  I am anxiously awaiting my chance to get a Concerto once you are ready to open up the ordering page again.  No worries about being out of recycled shells, either.  I am thinking that a translucent shell will look pretty cool anyway; a translucent red will probably be a nice compliment to my burgundy colored Dragonfly.

1 hour ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Can't wait for mine! Went for a clear cary shell.

How can I install a pokey without damaging the label?

I don't apply the labels to Concerto. I give you the cart and the label on its backing, and you can apply the label after installing the POKEY.

• Like 1

Concerto are still being made! They are just in high demand and I am still working on reserved carts before I can open sales to the general public. I am hoping it won't be that much longer before I can get through the reservations.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, garycimera1968 said:

Juist curious is there is any news on the HOKEY chip? I"m ready to smash the Buy It Button! Love my Concerto otherwise!!

The latest (hopefully, last) prototype boards should be here in about a week. As for the release, all I can say is "this year" is the goal.

• Like 9