IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

Hey @batari, someone just posted this on the AA Facebook Group, maybe a lead re: 7800 adapter plugs?

Sennheiser-AC.jpg

I accidentally stumbled across this and figured I'd share. I was going to toss an old Sennheiser wireless headphones set out, when I noticed the power plug looked very familiar. It fits perfectly in the 7800, but the voltage and amperage are wrong, so I'm going to cut the wire and splice it on a power supply that is correct. You might be able to find this model power supply online and splice it on a 9V DC 1 amp (1000 mAh) to make your own. Make sure you get the polarity right so you don't blow the power cap in the console.

4 hours ago, HatNJ said:

Reserved Love my original Harmony from years ago and the Encore I purchased

I know that even though Concerto reads both 2600 and 7800 files I'm getting a Harmony Encore for my 2600 Jr. Short Rainbow Edition anyways so I know which plays what. Besides @batari Fred could sure use the $$$. :) 

I received some in-stock emails, but missed out because I saw the emails after they were all snapped up. I haven't seen the emails for probably a week now and I don't see the reservation link on the order page. Does that mean everything is accounted for for the time being, or is there something I'm overlooking? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I received some in-stock emails, but missed out because I saw the emails after they were all snapped up. I haven't seen the emails for probably a week now and I don't see the reservation link on the order page. Does that mean everything is accounted for for the time being, or is there something I'm overlooking? Thanks.

Bill - even though the page says “Out of Stock”, click the image anyway. You will get this page. There is a reservation link towards the lower right.

198CA778-A467-4056-9AE4-9EF1D1C4BEEE.thumb.jpeg.9773cdc8a3d9f1fc01ad356e79681a62.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

Please stick strictly to Concerto talk in this thread.  If you want to advertise your own site/channel do so in another thread.  It's just plain rude.

It WAS related to Concerto because I utilize it (and the other 3 major platforms' multicarts as well) for the games I review during each episode of TAR.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

It WAS related to Concerto because I utilize it (and the other 3 major platforms' multicarts as well) for the games I review during each episode of TAR.

We’ve been over this before. These threads are *not* for you to pimp your social media stuff. Period. Stop freaking talking about it in these threads. You’ve been warned by several different moderators about it already. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU.

Why don’t you get this?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Saying "I'm going to review the Concerto and some other 7800 multicarts on my channel (xyz.whatever) check it out!" is fine.  A five paragraph discussion about your channel, how you need to get to x number of viewers to get some upgrade, and how you're going to start performing somewhere are not.   You know very well why what you did was wrong, and playing the victim isn't going to work.  Do it again and you will get kicked out of the thread (and any other thread you continue to do this in).  You'll find that I'm not a patient as some of the other mods around here.  You've been warned. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Tempest said:

Saying "I'm going to review the Concerto and some other 7800 multicarts on my channel (xyz.whatever) check it out!" is fine.  A five paragraph discussion about your channel, how you need to get to x number of viewers to get some upgrade, and how you're going to start performing somewhere are not.   You know very well why what you did was wrong, and playing the victim isn't going to work.  Do it again and you will get kicked out of the thread (and any other thread you continue to do this in).  You'll find that I'm not a patient as some of the other mods around here.  You've been warned. 

c2d42a5357c36bdfdeb2c373a4371ecd.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/12/2020 at 7:37 AM, JVersh said:

Has anyone been able to test a Pokey One yet to see if it fits inside the Concerto case?

On 12/12/2020 at 8:06 AM, DrVenkman said:

If no one checks before then, I can test that out once my Concerto arrives

On 12/12/2020 at 9:51 AM, TrekMD said:

Question @batari, will a POKEY One chip also fit in the cart?

I can confirm that the POKEY One chip does not fit within the Concerto case. I pulled the POKEY out of my Mateos multicart and added it to the Concerto. 

Btw, I can hear Commando/Ballblazer in POKEY, but the Popeye homebrew is not playing POKEY. @batarido we need a firmware upgrade in order to hear this ROMs POKEY sound? -Thanks and thank you for making these carts available. I’ll try testing 2600 games tomorrow.?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Is there a support thread / forum we can refer to for common issues and how to troubleshoot them?  There're a couple of things going on with my cartridge and I'm wondering if anyone else has run into the same things I'm seeing, but I'd prefer to not clutter this thread with those kinds of discussions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Is there a support thread / forum we can refer to for common issues and how to troubleshoot them?  There're a couple of things going on with my cartridge and I'm wondering if anyone else has run into the same things I'm seeing, but I'd prefer to not clutter this thread with those kinds of discussions.

21 hours ago, batari said:

I will create a firmware development thread for that when I get a chance. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I can confirm that the POKEY One chip does not fit within the Concerto case. I pulled the POKEY out of my Mateos multicart and added it to the Concerto. 

Btw, I can hear Commando/Ballblazer in POKEY, but the Popeye homebrew is not playing POKEY. @batarido we need a firmware upgrade in order to hear this ROMs POKEY sound? -Thanks and thank you for making these carts available. I’ll try testing 2600 games tomorrow.?

The hardware and the firmware both support POKEY sound, but POKEY isn't being detected by the game. There is a workaround for now so the music will work. I will create a firmware thread to discuss this and other things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have an 800XL, that died due to an Ingot power supply many years ago.   I have been meaning to schedule surgery for it, but have not had the time.  I am assuming the pokey chip in the XL series is the same # of pins, and configuration as the concerto?   If so, I will just use it until Fred's replacement chips are available, and then put it in the Concerto and the real one back in the 800XL.