IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

ok I used a much smaller card now. 256 MB

ran Xevious from flash cart , played first musical bar. Hung on last note.

Ran real cart, runs ok.

ran Xevious from flash cart, played first musical bar. Hung on second from last last note.

Do I need to do something with the POKEY?

Edited by ulao

1 hour ago, ulao said:

Do I need to do something with the POKEY?

Other than install it the right way round, no.

Xevius doesn't use POKEY anyway

What ROMs are you using? Best to use Trebors pro pack from this forum 

Edited by mimo

2 minutes ago, ulao said:

yeah I used a random romset for this because my good roms I know are scrubbed are 7z'd. So maybe, so best to test a known good rom. 

Absolutely, Trebors pack is tested and a great starting point to troubleshoot any further issues

Well, you have to try about every little thing now.

Even "new", clean the contacts.

If your other carts are working fine, your system must be ok, but that's what I'd consider as well otherwise.

Dunno if a "bad" pokey can muck things up, but mebbe take that out and get the cart going, then put it back in and see what happens.

Edited by Rogerpoco

So I do not really get this POKEY thing, and when I ordered my cart it said it didnt come with one. I just was not sure if it was something I had to be aware of.  but yeah I will keep playing with it for sure,  planned to really clean up the pins anyways. 

50 minutes ago, ulao said:

So I do not really get this POKEY thing, and when I ordered my cart it said it didnt come with one. I just was not sure if it was something I had to be aware of.  but yeah I will keep playing with it for sure,  planned to really clean up the pins anyways. 

I assumed by you asking "do I need to do something with the pokey", that you had installed one, my bad.

No, if you haven't put one there, there isn't one there.

28 minutes ago, Rogerpoco said:

I assumed by you asking "do I need to do something with the pokey", that you had installed one, my bad.

No, if you haven't put one there, there isn't one there.

I thought the same.

Anyway, I'm out of ideas now 

• Thanks 1

So I just tried a handful of atari 2600 games they all work. The Xevius  from this rom pack does not even boot, black or white screen, the other one booted.  I did give the cart a good clean up as well as the port.  yeah drawing a blank here... Is there a later version then 95?

sorry for all the posts I'd edit them but the edit times out.. I just feel some if this info may help. I also contacted the author but he is rather busy I think. After all this is beta, so one should report the findings...

I have the harmony cart also, and I played on it for a good hour, with no issues. Some times with the concerto I get rolling images, and lately lots of booting the game to a black screen. I have the same roms on both the Harmony and the Concerto but no issues with the Harmony at all. I keep resorting to wanting to clean the cartridge connector on the system as it seems like that changes the condition but I think its a false positive. All of the 7800 carts and the Harmony work fine every time. I really can only suspect the Concerto at this point. I do have another 7800 coming to me, and will test it as well. 

Edited by ulao

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, TheRealOC said:

Hi

just wondering if anyone knows if there’s been updates regarding HOKEY availability?

thank you ? 

I've been meaning to post about HOKEY. HOKEY is basically ready to go, but before I release, it is important for me to get the next version of the Concerto firmware ready for the best possible HOKEY support. I have been working on that this month and will almost certainly have something ready in a few weeks.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, batari said:

I've been meaning to post about HOKEY. HOKEY is basically ready to go, but before I release, it is important for me to get the next version of the Concerto firmware ready for the best possible HOKEY support. I have been working on that this month and will almost certainly have something ready in a few weeks.

@batari Thanks. That’s great news :) been looking forward to this ever since getting my concerto

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping this is a good place for this question, if not please feel free to let me know where I should post it.

I would like to play some Atari 2600 games, will the Concerto support them directly or do I need to do something special?  Or should I get another Concerto-like device to do this?  I have three of my favorite A2600 games CIB to play on my A7800 (Pitfall 1, Pitfall 2, and Yar's Revenge) but Pf2 is super picky on cart insertion, and I'd rather reduce wear and tear and have them on my Concerto.  Is this possible?  Thanks in advance.

Pitfall! and Yars' Revenge both work fine with Harmony Concerto.  Pitfall II: Lost Cavern is not supported (yet).  

Harmony Encore or original Harmony Cartridge play all three titles without issue.  For a better 2600 homebrew compatibility experience, best option is Harmony Encore:

Should I get a Harmony or Harmony Encore?

Harmony's design philosophy was to bring you a versatile, inexpensive flash cartridge for the Atari 2600. It was a design decision to balance cost and compatibility, and as such, Harmony is indeed inexpensive yet supports more than 99% of past and present games.

Hamony Encore was conceived in response to concerns that Harmony could not play 100% of games, such as the BoulderDash demo and some new 64k and up homebrew games, such as Zippy the Porcupine, which is currently in development. Currently, new homebrew boards are being devised to support these larger games, and the Hamony Encore will support games with up to 512k ROM/RAM. Not everyone wishes to wait for the Concerto cartridge or to pay the extra cost to buy it, and not everyone owns an Atari 7800, so Harmony Encore is intended to serve that niche.

More info here: