IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for the delay getting HOKEY available for existing Concerto owners to buy. It's been ready to go for some time and is currently available with new Concertos. I haven't sent out any emails yet for existing owners, but am working on that.

These emails will go out in batches, with the first of them in a few days, and the rest the following weeks after that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, batari said:

I apologize for the delay getting HOKEY available for existing Concerto owners to buy. It's been ready to go for some time and is currently available with new Concertos. I haven't sent out any emails yet for existing owners, but am working on that.

These emails will go out in batches, with the first of them in a few days, and the rest the following weeks after that.

Hi Batari, 
Are you going to be able to ship to the UK?
I purchased my Concerto from @Muddyfunster so can I be included in the Hokey sale?

• Like 1

Tomorrow I will be sending an email to the Concerto reservation holders so you can purchase a Basic HOKEY.

Spoiler

The reservation system was a temporary measure I used that allowed you to pre-pay the first $10 of your Concerto and be placed on a waiting list. You would submit your email, then you would be emailed in order when your Concerto was available.

The email will give you a link to make the purchase.

Keep an eye on your spam folders in case the email does not get through to your inbox. I want every reservation holder who wants a HOKEY to have the first chance to get one.

After the orders from reservation holders are all sent out, I will then be sending emails to the rest of Concerto owners (it may be a few weeks for this.)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, batari said:

Tomorrow I will be sending an email to the Concerto reservation holders so you can purchase a Basic HOKEY.

Reveal hidden contents

The reservation system was a temporary measure I used that allowed you to pre-pay the first $10 of your Concerto and be placed on a waiting list. You would submit your email, then you would be emailed in order when your Concerto was available.

I guess I'm on that list?  Been quite some time, ha ha.  I wonder if you'd offer a way to get a replacement shell, too?  I think I snapped the clips on mine, ha.

7 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

Why is the shipping so expensive? Hokey chip is $15 which is a great price, but the shipping is also $15 (I'm located in the USA).

I'm kinda thinking redirecting the "when will we ever get a hokey" to "why is the shipping so much" is a bit odd...

I HATE shipping costs, usually I can ship things for much less than I feel like things are shipped to me, but in this case, it really seems like we should be thankful to get them at all?

(I didn't need one myself, I poached a real Pokey from a non working 5200, lol, a few days after I got my Concerto, works fine...)

:)

12 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

Why is the shipping so expensive? Hokey chip is $15 which is a great price, but the shipping is also $15 (I'm located in the USA).

I just got the email to order, (it did land in my junk folder, which I always check as a precaution) and shipping is a reasonable $4.99 for me, ordering just one piece.

46 minutes ago, Bratwurst said:

I just got the email to order, (it did land in my junk folder, which I always check as a precaution) and shipping is a reasonable $4.99 for me, ordering just one piece.

Yes, I have one piece in my cart too. $5 for shipping is what I expected. Must be a bug or something on my end. Unless...Where are these being shipped from? Outside the United States?

Edited by livingonwheels

1 hour ago, livingonwheels said:

Shipping is $4.99. Enter your address and that should change. It must be defaulting to international shipping which is $15.

20 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

No email for me.  As I recall, I was on the reservation list in 2020 for the Concerto but the email never came through.  Somehow I was able to buy one though.  I thought there was another list just for Hokey interested parties? 

Order No. 1901528385

12/2/2020

Yes, you were not in the email list yet. I sold some Concertos in small batches at first as a first-come, first-served basis, so you will be in the second batch in a few weeks. These Concertos were sold before I introduced the paid ($10) reservation system. I had promised these reservation holders the first crack at HOKEYs as a benefit for pre-paying that $10 toward a Concerto.

So it will be soon for the rest of Concerto owners.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rogerpoco said:

I'm kinda thinking redirecting the "when will we ever get a hokey" to "why is the shipping so much" is a bit odd...

I HATE shipping costs, usually I can ship things for much less than I feel like things are shipped to me, but in this case, it really seems like we should be thankful to get them at all?

(I didn't need one myself, I poached a real Pokey from a non working 5200, lol, a few days after I got my Concerto, works fine...)

:)

Shipping is $4.99, and it will change once you complete your address. I am not sure why it is defaulting to $15 as this is only for international orders.

• Thanks 1

Emails are coming soon. I need to get the current orders out first and I am almost done with that.

On another note - I am reducing the price of a Concerto with a soldered-in HOKEY. Now, a Concerto with a soldered-in Basic HOKEY is the same price as the Concerto with an empty socket!

Of course the socket gives you the flexibility to replace the sound chip whenever you want, but it is less time-consuming and less expensive to produce a Concerto with the HOKEY chip soldered directly to the board. Those who don't need that flexibility can now save some money, as I pass that savings to you.

• Like 5

On 1/13/2023 at 1:55 AM, batari said:

Emails are coming soon. I need to get the current orders out first and I am almost done with that.

On another note - I am reducing the price of a Concerto with a soldered-in HOKEY. Now, a Concerto with a soldered-in Basic HOKEY is the same price as the Concerto with an empty socket!

Of course the socket gives you the flexibility to replace the sound chip whenever you want, but it is less time-consuming and less expensive to produce a Concerto with the HOKEY chip soldered directly to the board. Those who don't need that flexibility can now save some money, as I pass that savings to you.

How am I supposed to select between the empty socket and the soldered-in basic HOKEY version of the Concerto on the order page?

Am I missing something here?