IGNORED

Concerto SD-card multicart ordering info

batari

I Just received my Harmony Encore and just saw a post on Atari Age about Concerto.  I wish I had know about this one first as I a running my games on a 7800.  I am going to order one of the Concerto's (Need my proper Chopper Lift) , but I am not sure I understand the value of a socketed Hokey chip. Could I get a brief explanation for what it does in the case of Concerto and why a socketed chip would be of value?  I gather from the internet that it allows use of paddles/keyboard and some sound capabilities?  Thanks!

If a game was programmed to use pokey sound, for example ballblazer, commando, or certain homebrew releases (assuming they are playable on the concerto)  then if you stuck a pokey chip into the socket you would get the pokey sound when playing the game. For many games (for example all original release games except for ballblazer and commando) having a pokey socket in the concerto is of no benefit.

20 minutes ago, 1strail said:

I Just received my Harmony Encore and just saw a post on Atari Age about Concerto.  I wish I had know about this one first as I a running my games on a 7800.  I am going to order one of the Concerto's (Need my proper Chopper Lift) , but I am not sure I understand the value of a socketed Hokey chip. Could I get a brief explanation for what it does in the case of Concerto and why a socketed chip would be of value?  I gather from the internet that it allows use of paddles/keyboard and some sound capabilities?  Thanks!

Ya, you are really better off having both, the Harmony and the Concerto. Pain in the rear to swap from 2600 to 7800 on the Concerto, I think.

Ya, there's a handful of games where there's the benefit of extra sound, but even those will still run w/o the Hokey/Pokey installed.

If you have a broken 5200, lol, you have access to a compatible Pokey, BTW, that's where mine came from!

:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Ya, you are really better off having both, the Harmony and the Concerto. Pain in the rear to swap from 2600 to 7800 on the Concerto, I think.

Ya, there's a handful of games where there's the benefit of extra sound, but even those will still run w/o the Hokey/Pokey installed.

If you have a broken 5200, lol, you have access to a compatible Pokey, BTW, that's where mine came from!

:)

Cool, I ordered the socketed one.  Sadly I don't have a junk 5200.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hasan Coskun said:

There's a drop-down menu on the order page that allows you to select with or without a Hokey.

Sorry, it won't show, at least not when accessing the page from my cell phone.

All I can do is select the method of payment on the first page and after choosing the shell color on the next page it directly initiates the payment process.

May be I'm to dumb to find it... 😄

Edit: just tried to access the page from my PC and still no drop-down menu!? 

Edited by N0mi

15 minutes ago, N0mi said:

Sorry, it won't show, at least not when accessing the page from my cell phone.

All I can do is select the method of payment on the first page and after choosing the shell color on the next page it directly initiates the payment process.

May be I'm to dumb to find it... 😄

So you don't see these options on mobile/cell? this is what I see on my cell (android)

406132451_Screenshot_20230116-0600072.thumb.png.6c7988be852ed84be9e948b1d2357363.png

2076495412_Screenshot_20230116-0604412.thumb.png.024bf76ba362fa8d13ae7060465ed41a.png

Yes, I was a pre-production owner and a post production owner. I have two carts. I received my email 12/30/22. I placed my order and received my HOKEY's last week. 

If you haven't got an email double check your spam. 

My subject line in the email was

"HOKEY ready to order for Concerto reservation holders".

You also might be in a later distribution wave after the initial. I was a VERY early buyer of the Pre-Production version. So that is likely why I was in the first wave of HOKEY eligibility emails. 

Fred will likely see you tagging him and chime in on your status. 

I ordered mine on 12/9/2020, it shipped (*) on 12/25. No email from Fred about HOKEY availability yet but I'm not in a giant rush here either.

(*) The label was printed that day but I guarantee USPS wasn't picking up packages on Christmas Day, lol.

Thank you both for the response.

2 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

Yes, I was a pre-production owner and a post production owner. I have two carts. I received my email 12/30/22. I placed my order and received my HOKEY's last week. 

If you haven't got an email double check your spam. 

My subject line in the email was

"HOKEY ready to order for Concerto reservation holders".

You also might be in a later distribution wave after the initial. I was a VERY early buyer of the Pre-Production version. So that is likely why I was in the first wave of HOKEY eligibility emails. 

Fred will likely see you tagging him and chime in on your status. 

That makes sense; I don't believe I put myself in any reservation list.  I bought the carts as available (one a couple years back and then on EOY sale that batari had).

44 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

I ordered mine on 12/9/2020, it shipped (*) on 12/25. No email from Fred about HOKEY availability yet but I'm not in a giant rush here either.

(*) The label was printed that day but I guarantee USPS wasn't picking up packages on Christmas Day, lol.

Yeah, no crazy rush either, I was just wondering.  I waited this long for the HOKEY I can wait a few more weeks/months. batari's got a life as well. 

Since all of the HOKEYs from reservation holders have gone out, I am about to send an email to the rest of Concerto owners.

Based on how much time it took to build and ship the first round of HOKEYs, I don't want to get overwhelmed or too far behind. So I am going to email people in smaller, manageable batches, in chronological order, once every 1-2 weeks.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hello all - sorry if posted elsewhere. I recently moved back to the US from Europe. Used my Concerto and loved it. During my move back, the top of the concerto case cracked in a couple places. Small but still works fine. 

I bought the Hokey and would like to get this installed.  Is there a way to get this cart open without yanking the label off? Sorry if a stupid question but everything I’m seeing is about screws under the label. Do I have to use a heat gun to get the label off, and if so, is there a way to get it back on without using glue? And if it is ruined, can I order a new label from you @batari? 

Thanks all! 

image.jpg

Edited by bszarek001
Forgot to add question

18 minutes ago, bszarek001 said:

Do I have to use a heat gun to get the label off, and if so, is there a way to get it back on without using glue?

Depends on whether the screw was put back.

Personally I never use the screw so a firm squeeze on the sides of the cart and a hefty pull up does the trick.

On 2/4/2023 at 11:04 AM, mimo said:

Depends on whether the screw was put back.

Personally I never use the screw so a firm squeeze on the sides of the cart and a hefty pull up does the trick.

So I finally had a minute to get the Hokey chip in and I used a heat gun to get the label off. They used a screw in the middle of the case. The board was socketed, so it was basically PnP, and the label went right back onto the cartridge. Super easy and the sound is great. Love it. 

• Like 1