IGNORED

Atari SpeakerHat

digdugnate

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, AlecRob said:

Fake? They bought the intellectual property fair and square.  Companies are bought and sold all the time.  It’s not like they stole the name and are putting out bootleg products. 

Also, the Atari part of the company has become more and more prominent, and the rest is being/has been sold off. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I bought a speakerhat on final clearance mostly for the lulz. I have to say… it sounds shockingly good. It was a bad idea for a product but it’s a solid execution of that idea.

Where'd you pick it up and what was the price, if you didn't mind sharing? I figure the $30 neighborhood isn't bad but their $99 price point originally.... woof 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roadrunner said:

No Atari speaker shoes?

1987115455_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.3c0b2c2364240122bc88331f4d605399.jpg

1774665122_s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.b291ed72004851769c41b61303ca4ee8.jpg

If someone would make Atari vest jackets with built-in speakers, we could be rocking the Marty McFly look while blasting tunes from Huey Lewis and the News...  :rolling:

Edited by MrMaddog
  • Haha 4

I have found the Speakerhat quite a bit nicer and better than expected. It's use case is pretty niche, but it's one of the best ways to fill that niche, even in a world of cheap bluetooth speakers. Excellent driving hat for directions and podcasts if nothing else, and if I ever work in a warehouse/factory/outdoor setting where earbuds are not allowed or safe it's the perfect thing. Style wise I prefer smaller bendable front brims, so the wider squared-off style isn't really my thing, but it looks nice.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 8:12 PM, Cebus Capucinis said:

Where'd you pick it up and what was the price, if you didn't mind sharing? I figure the $30 neighborhood isn't bad but their $99 price point originally.... woof 

It’s back on sale at $50: https://atari.com/collections/50-50-50

(also the VCS/speakerhat bundle is $190 if anybody wants one of those)