IGNORED

PlusCart(s) does not reconnect

Al_Nafuur

26 minutes ago, spspspsp said:

I've been trying to deal with a similar issue--ESP-01 boards seem to be a crapshoot. I have a bunch that are very picky about what FWs they will flash to. I have ordered some ESP-01S boards to see how much of an improvement those bring.

my batch of ESP-01 are "stuck" on firmware v1.0.0 but they appear to be working perfectly, with no issues.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

my batch of ESP-01 are "stuck" on firmware v1.0.0 but they appear to be working perfectly, with no issues.

v1.0.0 ?

Did you tried to update them (e.g. v1.7.4 or v1.6.2)?

10 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

Yes. All attempts (via PlusCart menu) have failed. I have tried many times.

But, as noted, the units work *perfectly*

No, I meant via FTDI and the espressif (or better the nodemcu ) flash tool.

My ESP-01 units all have AT FW 1.1.0. They work for the most part, except I get random connection drops, and I have to reboot the PlusCart to re-establish it. Having tried to eliminate everything else, I suspect that either the AT revision or ESP module hardware revision is responsible. The WiFi firmware update option doesn't have an effect on my ESP-01 modules either, but I can see one of Espressif's servers being called.

Since switching to the ESP-01S worked for Fierodoug, I'm hoping the same will work for me.

17 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

Yes. All attempts (via PlusCart menu) have failed. I have tried many times.

3 minutes ago, spspspsp said:

My ESP-01 units all have AT FW 1.1.0. They work for the most part, except I get random connection drops, and I have to reboot the PlusCart to re-establish it. Having tried to eliminate everything else, I suspect that either the AT revision or ESP module hardware revision is responsible. The WiFi firmware update option doesn't have an effect on my ESP-01 modules either, but I can see one of Espressif's servers being called.

Since switching to the ESP-01S worked for Fierodoug, I'm hoping the same will work for me.

The PlusCart menu only tries to initiate the FOTA update function of the ESP8266, this was only introduced with version v1.3.x or v1.4.x

Edited by Al_Nafuur

I recommend to flash this firmware version: https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/ap/ESP8266_NonOS_AT_Bin_V1.7.4.zip

with the nodemcu flasher: https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-flasher

before soldering the ESP.

"Config" settings are:
grafik.thumb.png.482331c7b50eb6aed69041dc7fbfbfbf.png

"Advanced" settings:

grafik.png.1e877a15e66059ac656a810a3f2295ce.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spspspsp said:

I actually got my flashing issue sorted--I found a firmware that supported OTA updates, and now I'm on AT v1.7.4.0 thanks to the WiFi FW update feature.

Which version was it?

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Capellão said:
If you are going to use the serial usb adapter ch340g, you will need to connect the gpio to the gnd to enable the esp8266 flash function.

If you add a latching switch you can switch between flashing and communicating/testing the device:

ESP-Programmer-1.thumb.png.284f4e84251180d4cdfa3d96c5baf25e.pngESP-Programmer-2.thumb.png.05fbee95ba18d7e48c30a5424424d141.png

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 12:11 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

I recommend to flash this firmware version: https://www.espressif.com/sites/default/files/ap/ESP8266_NonOS_AT_Bin_V1.7.4.zip

with the nodemcu flasher: https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-flasher

before soldering the ESP.

"Config" settings are:
grafik.thumb.png.482331c7b50eb6aed69041dc7fbfbfbf.png

"Advanced" settings:

grafik.png.1e877a15e66059ac656a810a3f2295ce.png

some parts after updating the firmware version, no longer display their version. To fix this problem, I changed the "SPI MODE" setting to "DOUT", and it worked.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-26 at 12.02.06.jpeg