IGNORED

Something Ate My Alien - another indie game (in VCS Store)

justclaws

This project Indie project also looks really good fun, too.
https://atarivcs.medium.com/something-ate-my-alien-invites-you-to-flex-all-of-your-gaming-skills-9e307fbc1793
For me, seeing a cross-platform game made in a new Atari VCS version, and the custom features, is great news.

The video trailer looks a lot of fun!

There's a new video trailer for it.

The web-site is here.
http://www.somethingatemyalien.com/

* I have no connection with the Atari company, this project, or the developer.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought this game for 17$. I played it acouple days ago and was surprised when I got a pop up screen saying thx for completing the demo........Now it might just that the dev uploaded the wrong version of the game or something so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But you should never ever! Have to pay for a Demo and the worst part is that the store never mentioned it being a demo or anything, kinda sketchy if you ask me. Maybe I'm wrong or I'm missing something, did anyone else buy this and try it out? Even in The main menu it says demo in small text in the bottom right corner... The full game is out on steam right now so this doesn't make much since.

Edited by TakeDownMak
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, TakeDownMak said:

I recently bought this game for 17$. I played it acouple days ago and was surprised when I got a pop up screen saying thx for completing the demo........Now it might just that the dev uploaded the wrong version of the game or something so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But you should never ever! Have to pay for a Demo and the worst part is that the store never mentioned it being a demo or anything, kinda sketchy if you ask me. Maybe I'm wrong or I'm missing something, did anyone else buy this and try it out? Even in The main menu it says demo in small text in the bottom right corner... The full game is out on steam right now so this doesn't make much since.

I saw a message about this on the Atari VCS Discord.
Atari made an apology about this. Due to human error, the wrong version of the game was uploaded.
There was, apparently, meant to be a demo available, and the full game. They messed that up.
1473125705_Screenshotfrom2021-01-1204-19-13.thumb.png.3f4c850049bd0ee7e86167814382f56d.png
I think by now, this should have been corrected on the VCS store.

I think, if you choose "uninstall" on the game, and then reinstall, you will get the correct version.
(That's an educated guess, but I didn't buy the game myself yet.)

Atari was contacting all customers who bought the game, in order to explain this. I'm not sure how.

• Like 1

Ok awesome thanks for the reply ☺️ I'll try to uninstall and reinstall it. I figured this was an error I'm glad they were transparent on the discord ?. This is what betas are for, it's good to get all these missteps and mistakes out of the way before Retail. I think the game is alot of fun btw was just kinda upset when I couldn't keep progressing past the demo area ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TakeDownMak said:

Ok awesome thanks for the reply ☺️ I'll try to uninstall and reinstall it. I figured this was an error I'm glad they were transparent on the discord ?. This is what betas are for, it's good to get all these missteps and mistakes out of the way before Retail. I think the game is alot of fun btw was just kinda upset when I couldn't keep progressing past the demo area ?

So I just redownload it for the second time and it's still just the demo. Not a big deal they'll properly upload a different version this week or something. 

Edited by TakeDownMak
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...