IGNORED

VIDEO Demonstrations and Reviews

justclaws

There's a big section at the start about all the people who said VCS was a scam.
I jumped forward. I've heard that before. I'm not going back to look how far in...

Then there is a section of half-review and comments on the VCS games.
Then finally, there is a section about running emulation and PC games..

Verdict, he's happy with his VCS.

You might want to check out is other videos... he covers all sorts of systems.
https://www.youtube.com/c/OverThinkGaming/videos

• Like 1

"Mike's Tech Rescue" says "the Atari VCS is so confusing".
The video does indeed provide a case for including a user-guide, at least to download,
but perhaps a small getting started guide would help; explaining the features, as well.

(He has since commented "I sold it. $450 CDN. I’ll stick with my raspberry Pi thanks".)

This is an hour long video which is a lot more than a review - I didn't watch all of it (yet).
There are sessions with various different games, which is useful even for existing owners.

There's quite a bit section about Danger Scavenger and other games... so far so good!

This is quite a long review, and the summary is the VCS is not quite enough yet.
As the machine is still in beta-phase, and not all services launched, it's no surprise.
I am puzzled though that he says it can't do streaming - a definition issue I guess...

• Like 1

This is a new article about the VCS, from a few days ago, and it's a much better idea of what it is.
It's clear that developers already noticed it, but now it seems that bigger media also noticed what it is.

https://www.techradar.com/news/atari-vcs-release-date-games-price-and-everything-you-need-to-know

• Like 1

This is a rather interesting - it starts off fine, but then the second part seems to be
written by somebody else, who has no knowledge of the system. Suggesting that 
only Plex is announced for it, and you can't use Netflix. It's really so uninformed.
Anyway...

Of course, the comments are filled with people who say it does not exist, is just a 
scam, and so forth. So many people post stupid things before even coming HERE! ;-)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The problem with the VCS is they have a marketing problem. I watched an interview with Michael Arzt and he was trying to explain it's more like a mini PC than a console. The problem is it looks like a console, takes its name from a console. Any time you're explaining a product, you're losing (Wii U). Just market it as a console that caters to indie and retro emulation games. The tagline should just be More Games. More Fun. Show off all gameplay, get Tempest 4000, Pong Quest on there. Get licensed Activision and Pac Man games on the store.

The focus should be 100% content in the actual store. It's cool it can stream different things like Stadia or Xbox, but any PC can do that. The first year was somewhat a bust because the content was a trickle. You need a steady stream of releases to make people pay attention and want to buy it.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Nall3k said:

The problem with the VCS is they have a marketing problem. I watched an interview with Michael Arzt and he was trying to explain it's more like a mini PC than a console. The problem is it looks like a console, takes its name from a console. Any time you're explaining a product, you're losing (Wii U). Just market it as a console that caters to indie and retro emulation games. The tagline should just be More Games. More Fun. Show off all gameplay, get Tempest 4000, Pong Quest on there. Get licensed Activision and Pac Man games on the store.

The focus should be 100% content in the actual store. It's cool it can stream different things like Stadia or Xbox, but any PC can do that. The first year was somewhat a bust because the content was a trickle. You need a steady stream of releases to make people pay attention and want to buy it.

I agree but I mean Atari basically pioneered the video game industry and defined what a home console is long before Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, and others came along. So don’t you think they have a right to give an explanation for something they started? That’s like criticizing Leonardo Da Vinci for painting the Mona Lisa after everyone else stole, mimicked, and tried to recreate what he started in the first place. Do you understand that? People need to start putting more respect on the Atari name.