IGNORED

The New VCS Unboxing Thread

justclaws

On 1/11/2021 at 11:13 AM, justclaws said:

Another unboxing for today! Detailed, and worth a look also!

He dings it for not including any kind of paper documentation.   But we just received a new Android Tablet and Raspberry Pi 400, and neither had any paper documentation either.    That's more just how gadgets are sold in 2020 than an Atari oversight.

• Like 2

The ever-lasting VCS unboxing thread... has another addition. Thanks, Squishchin. ?

I think it's also interesting as the later recipients unbox, they find a more populated game store,
but lots of people still have not heard a lot on the Internet yet, and so I'm happy to link to here.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:26 AM, zzip said:

He dings it for not including any kind of paper documentation.   But we just received a new Android Tablet and Raspberry Pi 400, and neither had any paper documentation either.    That's more just how gadgets are sold in 2020 than an Atari oversight.

That's a good point. As it turns out, there is a little bit of documentation on the front of the box that I didn't notice when I was opening them. It also doesn't really require much documentation. You're right that most things don't come with much. My current iPhone came with nothing, and it's way more complex in features and functionality than the Atari is. However, you can pretty much find anything you need online. ;)

• Like 2

Another new VCS owner, and he's pleased with his purchase, and he'd only explored the retro games so far... 
As ever, when I post a video, I also leave a link back to this forum on the YouTube channel, to spread the word.
For some reason, I can't embed the video here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H49XKRlnL_g

Another unboxing video; I post it here, as I also gave to the poster a link to AtariAge.
I hope that between communities on AtariAge, Facebook, Instagram, Discord, even 
Reddit/Hateit, that people find answers they need. I like to help fellow owners. That's
good for me, as an owner, because a thriving user-base attracts games I want too. ?

• 4 weeks later...

The number one Intellivision Amico YouTube fan (IMHO) has just got himself an Atari VCS, and 
posted a video. Tommy Tallarico, Intellivision CEO, is a regular on his channel, but Tommy has
said in the past also that the VCS and Amico are not really competitors, as they are aimed at
very different markets, so I am sure he will forgive Pete for buying, looking at another system.
Anyway, here is the video... 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, justclaws said:

The number one Intellivision Amico YouTube fan (IMHO) has just got himself an Atari VCS, and 
posted a video. Tommy Tallarico, Intellivision CEO, is a regular on his channel, but Tommy has
said in the past also that the VCS and Amico are not really competitors, as they are aimed at
very different markets, so I am sure he will forgive Pete for buying, looking at another system.
Anyway, here is the video... 

Thanks, I am posting a VCS video a day for the next little while as I explore the system.  @Tommy Tallarico is a very forgive dude as long as I wash his cars :) 

• Haha 1

I agree that it is not really a competitor to the Amico other than initially being attractive to the same/similar retro games market space. Someday when I have both units I'll do a better side by side but I don't think anyone has anything to worry about either sniping each other's audiences too much. 

• Like 1