IGNORED

This forum needs to be moved to Atari Systems section.

AnakiMana

Whether you like or dislike ANY of the many iterations of Atari, the Atari VCS (2020) is an "Atari System" made by today's Atari company.

Therefore it should not be lumped into the "Modern Consoles" section with Xbox, Playstation and Switch.

Even Flashback, made by AtGames rather than Atari, is in the "Atari Systems" section. AtGames produced these in cooperation with (the very same) today's Atari. Shouldn't today's Atari be even more eligible to be there?

Thank you.

Edited by AnakiMana
edited last sentence for clarity
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I agree, it probably should, although there is some precedent of the Atari forum being for historical consoles + Flashback due to personal ties in the community to people working on it. However, I'd much rather it be here and useful than over there and be a continuation of the nonsense, so fine by me either way. Eventually, I bet it ends up there, but not until some minds shift. 

Flashback units are just emulations of atari inc systems from the 1970s and 1980s.  I would separate out the dedicated consoles and other home electronic games of the 1970s from the flashbacks.  Atari arcade game discussions aren't in the atari section either. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, AnakiMana said:

Whether you like or dislike ANY of the many iterations of Atari, the Atari VCS (2020) is an "Atari System" made by today's Atari company.

Therefore it should not be lumped into the "Modern Consoles" section with Xbox, Playstation and Switch.

Even Flashback, made by AtGames rather than Atari, is in the "Atari Systems" section. AtGames produced these in cooperation with (the very same) today's Atari. Shouldn't today's Atari be even more eligible to be there?

Thank you.

i think the same...

• Like 1