IGNORED

Game Jolt partnership - announced by Atari for new VCS

justclaws

To feed more games to the new VCS, Atari partnered with GameJolt. They wrote:
"Game Jolt has a massive footprint in the indie gaming community, and their approach to helping new and small developers maximize their potential makes them an ideal partner for the Atari VCS."

Here is the link to their full article.

https://atarivcs.medium.com/the-new-atari-vcs-game-jolt-partnership-and-our-platforms-focus-on-independent-game-developers-17ddf271b4a2

Gamejolt has a really cool community, and lots and lots of games! This approach rocks!

Their web-site is here. https://gamejolt.com/

Here's a nice introduction to it. It's an old video but the principles apply.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was browsing GameJolt today, and I noticed that there is now a client, rather like Steam.
Previously I just downloaded the games directly, but if this gets integrated with the Atari Store in due course...

As Atari are working on integrating more services at the moment, and as we see above, GameJolt is a partner, 
it might be a good time to look at some of the games on GameJolt. The new client for Linux/Windows/Mac is here.
https://gamejolt.com/client

Also, there are now 349 games for Linux on the site.

gamejolt.thumb.png.3fa0cda3104e9052260c95b5389c5414.png

4 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

This isn't currently available, right? I can't see it in the VCS Store under Apps.

No, I was not saying it was available in VCS mode yet, sorry if that was confusing.

It's not available on the VCS Store in AtariOS mode.
It IS available now for Windows or Linux in PC-Mode - so it's another catalogue, like Steam.

I think we'll get Game-Jolt before Steam, because Atari already announced (as above) partnership.

• 4 weeks later...

I was reading the Atari GameJolt announcement again, because I was looking at a game there,
and I realised that there is a clear description of what Atari and GameJolt plan. I had forgotten...

https://atarivcs.com/game-jolt
"As part of the agreement, Game Jolt will work with individual developers to co-publish new games on the Atari VCS. The Atari VCS Store will feature a “Presented by Game Jolt” section to highlight game titles that came from the platform, and the partners expect to feature Game Jolt-incubated titles at launch. These titles will be fully-supported using Atari’s formidable PR, promotional and social community reach, with the intent to shine the spotlight on fun, inventive games and their creators."

17 hours ago, leech said:

So hopefully we can get this?  https://gamejolt.com/games/raymanredemption/340532

I never saw that project before - I have the first Rayman game from day#1 release on Atari Jaguar,
but the prospect of that game on AtariOS looks slim, reading the FAQ for the game, but it will work
fine I think on the VCS via PC-mode, and at least with the VCS, we have that option. I LOVE that... :-D 

The frustrating with this is it says the game is made with GameMaker2, and that can build Linux binaries
which would work on the Atari VCS. There is already a game on the VCS which was made with that tool.
It would definitely be worth asking the developer, but they seem pretty clear. Yes, GameJolt might help.

The game was released on 19.6.2020.

The game was build and tested on Windows 10, so other compatability is not currenty guaranteed.

FAQ

1. What is Rayman Redemption?
Rayman Redemption is a fangame reimagination of the original Rayman game from 1995.

2. Is the game free?
Yes.

3. What engine does the game use?
Game Maker Studio 2.

8. Will there be a mac / linux / mobile / switch / ps4 /... -ports?
No. If you're on Mac or Linux, try using Wine to run the game.

17 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

In general no, AtariOS is not meant to easily add things like emulators. Adding Windows 10 to the VCS is pretty easy; just plug in a speedy-enough external SSD and boot the system up. But that does mean additional expense and work. Another possible option is to find browser-based emulators or play the games on something like Archive.org, which can be done from the AtariOS. 

Thanx for info.

When can i download games from Gsme Jolt?

6 minutes ago, gambler172 said:

Thanx for info.

When can i download games from Gsme Jolt?

The relationship between Game Jolt and the VCS sounds like more of a partnership between Atari and Game Jolt to bring Game Jolt games to the VCS Store rather than, say, subscribing to Game Jolt and playing the games. So, the answer to when you could download them is "when they arrive in the VCS Store", which as far as I can tell has not happened yet. I'll be keeping an eye on it, though. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...