IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2020

Pixelboy

9 hours ago, thunder-rabbit said:

The cartridge Version works without problems on the Phoenix ??

Could you try the ROM version as well, just to see if that makes a difference (in terms of the display issue -- does the ROM have that issue on Phoenix? I'd check myself, but mine is packed away at the moment)

On 12/27/2020 at 11:08 AM, AtariLeaf said:

Just discovered this and previous years threads and have downloaded dozens of games to play on my Phoenix. Have spent the last couple of days going through this amazing library of quality games and am really enjoying them. Thanks so much. Your generosity is incredible and much appreciated

FB_IMG_1609085282730.jpg

I see this is being played on a Phoenix.  I downloaded the above game plus Uridium and Booming Boy for my Phoenix.  All have static hiss on them and no music.  Not only that but King and Balloon simply wasn't playable.  Also downloaded Children of the Night and get a "This game requires the Colecovision super game module" message, which shouldn't happen on the Phoenix.  Anybody else had problems with those on the Phoenix?

3 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I see this is being played on a Phoenix.  I downloaded the above game plus Uridium and Booming Boy for my Phoenix.  All have static hiss on them and no music.  Not only that but King and Balloon simply wasn't playable.  Also downloaded Children of the Night and get a "This game requires the Colecovision super game module" message, which shouldn't happen on the Phoenix.  Anybody else had problems with those on the Phoenix?

Ive had problems using a modern tv where id get background noise too. As you can see I'm using an hdmi to composite adapter and have had much better results. Im not sure if ive tried children of the night but ive had no issues with the bunch i have tried

3 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

What TV are you using? One model of Toshiba gave AtariLeaf and I really bad audio hiss/background noise.

If you aren't using the most up to date Colecovision core definitely do that as one of the fixes I believe fixed audio for lots of the games that were having issues.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AtariLeaf said:

Ive had problems using a modern tv where id get background noise too. As you can see I'm using an hdmi to composite adapter and have had much better results. Im not sure if ive tried children of the night but ive had no issues with the bunch i have tried

2 minutes ago, zaphro72 said:

What TV are you using? One model of Toshiba gave AtariLeaf and I really bad audio hiss/background noise.

If you aren't using the most up to date Colecovision core definitely do that as one of the fixes I believe fixed audio for lots of the games that were having issues.

It's not the tv.  I have roms and carts aplenty that work fine.  It's just these latest roms.

Well it looks like I didn't have the latest core after all.  I updated to rev 7 and now most of the games work fine. I still need to download the Phoenix specific rom for Wizard of Wor which Pixelboy told me about.  King & Balloon still doesn't work properly though.  Got a high pitched screech on the title screen.  Played the game and you cannot see anything you've fired on screen.  Bullets, arrows, whatever they're supposed to be, they're completely invisible.  My character also disappeared for part of the game too.  So all is now right with the world again.  Mostly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 4:35 AM, Pixelboy said:

Also, I would like to share a couple of secret cheats with all you people out there who purchased Bomber King and discovered just how old-school, nail-bittingly, mind-numbingly difficult it is:

1) At any time during the game, press [1] on Player 1's controller and [9] on Player 2's controller simultaneously, and all your items will be maxed out to 99. This doesn't make you invincible however, you do have to remember to press the [0] key in order to use an Energy Tank when your life power is low. But now you'll have 99 Tanks (and 99 of everything else) to tear the levels and bosses to shreds! :evil:

2) Press [3] on Player 1's controller and [7] on Player 2's controller simultaneously, and you'll warp to the next level.

I tried to test these cheats under blueMSX, and I got the first cheat to work, but not the second cheat for some reason. I'm hoping I got these right, if not let me know and I'll investigate further and post updates in this thread.

So, I tried out the cheats and the second one definitely doesn't work (the first one works fine).  Tested on an unmodified CV.

• 11 months later...