IGNORED

Thanks for the NES sub-forum!!

6 hours ago, atarilovesyou said:

NintendoAge is gone? Wow. I admit, I spend more time on FB groups these days, but mainly because it's easier to upload photos. And pe5olle generally behave a bit better...lol, a 'bit', anyway!   If AA ever goes away, it would be devastating!...time to become a supporter.

I don't have Facebook, but 2 minutes on the Reddit really turned me off from that site, and snippets I've seen from FB don't seem much better. BBS for life!

Then again, NA was a pretty toxic place too with a very unhealthy obsession with graded games amongst other illnesses.

Edited by Rhomaios

On 12/29/2020 at 11:21 AM, atarilovesyou said:

NintendoAge is gone? Wow. I admit, I spend more time on FB groups these days, but mainly because it's easier to upload photos. And pe5olle generally behave a bit better...lol, a 'bit', anyway!   If AA ever goes away, it would be devastating!...time to become a supporter.

Yeah kind of is dead.  I mean it's there, but almost no one uses it, not seriously at least who were there in the past.  GoCollect kind of snowjobbed the members, staff, owner perhaps too and when buying it out promised to do one thing, and instead gutted the place, setup this really trashy garbage setup forum, alienated the existing people, and the list goes on.  Instead of putting up with it, anyone who cared left and moved over to VGS (videogamesage) and there you have the old NA kind of, a lot of variety but the elitism has gone up in smoke pretty much as it was intended for everyone to be a fresh start.

• 2 weeks later...

I only know of one other forum that had a similar thing happen, although it wasn't really the fault of anybody other than the crotchety old forum members who ran it like an old boy's club. Anyways, somebody bought it for all the traffic it generated and reviews, etc, it was a musical instrument forum. They 'updated' the forum, gave it a new look, etc.  Then literally over a few weeks it turned into a wasteland, and as far as I know it still is. But once upon a time, it was easily the most popular forum of its kind. 

You're talking about NintendoAge, let's not throw a shroud over that dumpster fire of Dain selling out to a scumbag who lied completely and before the proverbial ink was dry on the papers, destroyed the forum, wiped it, setup a new format, alienated the entire base, killed off like a decades worth a database work and other projects, and basically incinerated any shred of potential goodwill in one big move.  GoCollect and Go-F-Itself.  Those without the egos I think you're referring to, those really who cared, including those who had been pushed out the doors at any prior time to the takedown of NA were all welcomed over to a re-birth of sorts called VGS.  I'm over there, it's a nice sweet little spot which like here has a very nicely active discord chat too, and you don't get the abuses and egotistical attack stuff NA had a rep for.

And yes deadNA is still a ghost town, it's good as dead, dude basically bought a community without any honesty, and lost every good financial asset it provided running off ever knowledgeable and helpful user that would have helped benefit his project.  He ended up with a dead site, a no longer updated database, and dain's video game collection.  Other than the video game mass scoop, he lost, rightly so.