IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2021)

carlsson

38 minutes ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Another busy, busy week of gaming around here this past week! I spent most of it just sorta casually playing through The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, a good chunk of which was spent overnight in the hospital one night when I had to go into the ER for some pretty severe abdominal pain. Thankfully it ended up not being anything serious, just some really badly pulled muscles or a tweaked nerve cluster, and at least I got in a good bit of gaming time while I was there. 

Outside of Link's Awakening on the Game boy Color, and a couple playthroughs of Operation C on the Game Boy (which is actually a Contra game and has nothing to do with any sort of medical operation) I just played Super Nintendo via Nintendo Switch Online for the rest of the week. I had a lotta fun doing a full playthrough of Super Castlevania IV, which I'm pretty sure at this point is my favorite classic pre-Symphony of the Night Castlevania game, and I did a couple playthroughs of Star Fox as well. First I beat Star Fox on Level 1 difficulty, then I tried the Level 2 route and actually ended up not only beating Level 2 difficulty for the first time ever but actually beat it on one credit without using any continues at all! This week I also learned that... I still don't like Super Mario World. In fact, I kinda hate it because the controls are super slippery and I can't seem to last more than 20 seconds without accidentally running into an enemy or slipping off a ledge, but I keep trying to like it anyway because apparently it's a classic. :lol:

As far as the misses' gaming time for the past week went, it was just a couple more hours of Phoenix Wright and that was pretty much it. I'm not sure exactly what's on the gaming agenda for next week, but we do have an original PlayStation system modded with an XStation optical drive emulator coming from Powr Up Gaming in February so there will definitely be a lot of PS1 gaming happening around here in the late winter and early spring. That's all for this week, so until next time and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

20210120_234305_HDR.thumb.jpg.c24e4fe45191c2bba561a4b9e4ab3b66.jpg

Ineligible

Operation C (Game Boy) - 150 minutes

Star Fox (Super Nintendo) - 194 minutes

Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo) - 370 minutes

Super Mario World (Super Nintendo) - 187 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Game Boy Color) - 293 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 130 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

1,324 minutes (22 hours 4 minutes) [130 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Super Nintendo: 751 minutes

Game Boy Color: 293 minutes

Game Boy: 150 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 130 minutes

man, hope you get to feeling better soon! portable systems really make a difference :)

• Like 1

There was only one console to Rule Them All this week- the Switch!

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- 378 minutes

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition -- 734 minutes

Fire Emblem: Three Houses -- 1032 minutes

Pinball FX 3 -- 124 minutes

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition -- 260 minutes

I picked up Fire Emblem for the Switch last week and asked myself why I didn't buy this sooner, lol.  I also started a 2D playthrough of DQ11 (having finished the 'regular' playthrough a year and a half ago).

Between these two games it should get me through until Bravely Default 2 comes out at the end of next month.  ;)

Edited by digdugnate
  • Like 5

PC

Civilization VI (789 min)

Tabletopia (132 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (387 min)

Finished the Civ game, which got out of hand the last couple hours, as I had 3 or 4 ways I could have won, but I focused on the Religion victory, as that was Basil II's strength. Ended with my highest score in Civ 6, too.  Played Wingspan with friends on Tabletopia and ended up tying for first, which is tough with two tiebreakers.

• Like 5

Week 03

Top games

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - 1032 min.
2. Civilization VI (PC) - 789 min. (#5)
3. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition (Switch) - 734 min.
4. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 648 min.
5. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 540 min. (#4)
6. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 387 min. (#8)
7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) - 378 min. (#2)
8. Pop! Blitz (iOS) - 312 min. (#7)
9. Wings! Remastered (PC) - 269 min.
10. Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game (Complete Edition) (Switch) - 260 min. (#6)

Top systems

1. Switch - 2678 min. (#1)
2. PC - 1616 min. (#3)
3. PS4 - 648 min.
4. Xbox One - 567 min. (#2)
5. Oculus Quest - 387 min. (#5)
6. iOS - 312 min. (#4)
7. GBA - 250 min. (#6)

Total 6458 minutes and 24 different games on 7 different systems.

Three various role playing games and one turn-based strategy game dominate this week, headed by Fire Emblem: Three Houses on the Switch which in its turn records 41% of the total gameplay and retains its position as the most played system.

• Like 3

Week 1/24 - 1/30

Only one modern game for me...

PC

Cyberpunk 2077 - 318 min (I honestly blame this game for me not submitting much lately.  I've been playing it a lot, but haven't been keeping track of times.  According to Steam, I have around 120 hours in on it, but only around 5 this last week.  I'm really enjoying the game, and not seeing a lot of glitches/bugs.  I haven't had any crashes.  There was one time I was stuck and had to go back to an earlier save, but that's it.  The combat is fun and the story isn't bad.)

• Like 3

Like in the old games tracker, I decided to post a few minutes earlier than I normally do. Balan Wonderworld demo was... not extremely impressive. Not much else to say this time.

GBA
Pokemon LeafGreen - 67

PS4
Balan Wonderworld (demo) - 37
Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 - 1,155

PC
Balan Wonderworld (demo) - 27

• Like 3

Here are my times for this past week (January 25th through 31st) on modern systems...

Browser based:

Forge of Empires - 527 minutes in 10 sessions

This week I started playing Forge of Empires, a typical browser game where you build your city and your empire through the ages. I'm still in the early stages, just getting a hold on the trading system, and I'm not in a guild yet. We'll see how this turns out in the next weeks...

• Like 3

PS2

God of War 20

Only a paltry 20 minutes in the modern tracker this week.  For some reason, I got the urge to see what cheap CRT TVs I could get locally, and I found some.  The first one is an HD CRT which I realize now is not great for SD content.  It IS great however for the PS2 era, and God of War looked great on it when I tested it for about 20 minutes - LOL.

• Like 4

Switch:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 1047 minutes
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 286 minutes

Pinball FX 3 - 60 minutes
Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game (Complete Edition) - 376 minutes

Streets of Rage 4 - 260 minutes

Zaccaria Pinball - 60 minutes

XBox One:

Borderlands 3 - 984 minutes

I'm kind of all of the place- been kind of a hectic week last week taking care of Mrs. Digdug while she's sick (COVID).

One thing I think kind of drive me nuts about the Switch is how long the friggin' titles of the games are!  I'll be abbreviating below for my breakdowns. ;)

Got some more time into Fire Emblem, but I fizzled a bit after hitting it so hard over the last two weeks.  I dusted off NSMBUD and started a new game, having never finished the darn thing- i figure if i have to use Nabbit to get through some of the levels, so be it.  Also got some pinball in there plus a couple of beat-em-ups; I finished SPvtW with Kim and have moved on to Ramona.  Slowly but surely I'll unlock Negascott- the easiest way for me is to 'grind' out the money to pay Scott's overdue video fee and then max out the character's stats to cruise through the game.

I primarily spent this weekend playing Borderlands 3 and levelling my Siren- I finished the game with her and have been plugging through DLCs/etc on True Vault Hunter/Mayhem 1 (lootsplosion).  

I'll have some Classic time for the tracker, too.  :)

• Like 3

A pretty light week for gaming around here this week, but a fun one nonetheless! I logged a little more time and finished another dungeon in Link's Awakening on the Game Boy Color, played a little Kirby Super Star on the SNES and actually pulled off a perfect 201 point Megaton Punch, and started a play through of Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour on the Switch. The big highlight of the week though was, for the very first time, beating Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist for the Sega Genesis on normal difficulty on just one credit without using any continues! I had never been able to pull it off before, but I had a great night just munching some Pizza Hut pizza and playing TMNT until I beat it. Pizza power! :-D

DSC00646.thumb.JPG.b07e3291a96e5d5c7d035740623718bb.JPG

DSC00648.thumb.JPG.a44a6d77c097f146289aea9cf8c3821d.JPG

Ineligible

Kirby Super Star (Super Nintendo) - 80 minutes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis) - 173 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Game Boy Color) - 83 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (Nintendo Switch) - 480 minutes

816 minutes (13 hours 780 minutes) [480 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 480 minutes

Sega Genesis: 173 minutes

Game Boy Color: 83 minutes

Super Nintendo: 80 minutes

• Like 2

PC

Among Us (313 min)

Hades (285 min)

Medium, The (215 min)

Star Wars Battlefront II (14 min)

XB1

Donut County (138 min)

Monster Train (105 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (338 min)

Played Donut County earlier in the week, a short, humorous, very laid back game, and I failed another Monster Train run. Tried out Battlefront II, as my friends are planning to play online.

The Medium came out this week. Pretty game, kinda spooky, and I like the underlying single-camera puzzle horror game, but if people thought Cyberpunk was buggy, they should try this. While it's technically playable, every transition between in-game, inspection mode, and cutscene dropped the framerate to a single-digit slideshow. So whole I've played almost 3 hours of a 7-8 hour game, I'm going to wait for it to hopefully be fixed by Bloober Team before continuing.

My brother's birthday was this weekend, so my usual Jackbox crew got together for some Among Us, and despite some technical issues with a Discord bot, it was a hit, and we plan on going again this weekend.

Edit: Somehow forgot the game I've been playing this weekend: Hades. Fun game, reminds me of Dead Cells with interesting characters and story.

Edited by Agamon
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Agamon said:

PC

Among Us (313 min)

Hades (285 min)

Medium, The (215 min)

Star Wars Battlefront II (14 min)

XB1

Donut County (138 min)

Monster Train (105 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (338 min)

Played Donut County earlier in the week, a short, humorous, very laid back game, and I failed another Monster Train run. Tried out Battlefront II, as my friends are planning to play online.

The Medium came out this week. Pretty game, kinda spooky, and I like the underlying single-camera puzzle horror game, but if people thought Cyberpunk was buggy, they should try this. While it's technically playable, every transition between in-game, inspection mode, and cutscene dropped the framerate to a single-digit slideshow. So whole I've played almost 3 hours of a 7-8 hour game, I'm going to wait for it to hopefully be fixed by Bloober Team before continuing.

My brother's birthday was this weekend, so my usual Jackbox crew got together for some Among Us, and despite some technical issues with a Discord bot, it was a hit, and we plan on going again this weekend.

Edit: Somehow forgot the game I've been playing this weekend: Hades. Fun game, reminds me of Dead Cells with interesting characters and story.

Hades is a great game all around- the humor in it is really funny to me.  Persistent power-ups through the runs help, too!

• Like 2

Week 04

Top games

1. Kangokutou Mary Skelter 2 (Mary Skelter: Nightmares) (PS4) - 1155 min. (#4)
2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - 1047 min. (#1)
3. Borderlands 3 (Xbox One) - 984 min.
4. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 726 min. (#5)
5. Forge of Empires (Browser based) - 527 min.
6. Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (Switch) - 480 min.
7. Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game (Complete Edition) (Switch) - 376 min. (#10)
8. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 338 min. (#6)
9. Cyberpunk 2077 (PC) - 318 min.
10. Among Us (PC) - 313 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 2569 min. (#1)
2. Xbox One - 1953 min. (#4)
3. PS4 - 1192 min. (#3)
4. PC - 1172 min. (#2)
5. Browser based - 527 min.
6. Oculus Quest - 338 min. (#5)
7. iOS - 104 min. (#6)
8. GBA - 67 min. (#7)
9. PS2 - 20 min.

Total 7942 minutes and 24 different games on 9 different systems.

Mary Skelter is back in first place, closely followed by Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Borderlands 3. Oddly enough, Among Us in 10th place debuts on the tracker after having been popular for a long while even with borderline non-gamers. Perhaps it was too casual to enter the tracker before?

Systems wise it is mostly the usual suspects, again dominated by Switch. Still the very latest slew of systems are rarely seen or absent from the tracker, but remembering how long it took until the Switch became the leading system it has been for a while now, I'm sure things will change over time. Perhaps one day someone even will find an exclusive Atari VCS game?!?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, carlsson said:

Oddly enough, Among Us in 10th place debuts on the tracker after having been popular for a long while even with borderline non-gamers. Perhaps it was too casual to enter the tracker before?

It plays best with 8-10 people, and it's not a great game to play with strangers, so that makes it a good Twitch streamer game, but it takes some organization to play. I can attest that it's a lot easier to just play a single player or online matchmaker game.

• Like 1

Interesting. I have only seen Among Us as played by YouTubers who sometimes invite their fans for a game, but perhaps the hosts have enough "real" friends to not feel like Légion étrangère and their subscribers and fans feel more like an extended family than playing online with just anybody.

Yeah, before playing this weekend, I've only seen streamers that play with mutuals, or if they're in a network, others that are a part of that network (like the Eurogamer, Funhaus, or Smosh crews). Makes it easier when you have a built-in play group and can monetize the games.

Here are my times for this week (February 1st through 7th) on modern systems...

Browser based:

Forge of Empires - 884 min. in 15 sessions

This week I almost doubled my playing time on Forge of Empires, but it will probably go down again next week since I've reached a point where achievements get harder to reached, so you have to spend more time collecting funds and goods before you can do anything. I'm close to completing the iron age in that game though.

• Like 3

Switch:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- 420 minutes
Fire Emblem: Three Houses -- 1862 minutes
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe -- 186 minutes
Raiden V -- 67 minutes
The Pinball Arcade -- 128 minutes

XBox One:

Borderlands 3 -- 254 minutes

Not really much to speak of last week.  banging through Fire Emblem before Bravely Default 2 comes out. :)

• Like 3

Collectorvision Phoenix

Dead Tomb 316 

Gameboy Advance

Pinball of the Dead 65 

XBox One 

Hypnospace Outlaw 26

Well, I recently got a new TV that happens to work great with the Collectorvision Phoenix in full HD, so I spent time playing the only Phoenix exclusive game this week.  Bottom line is that Dead Tomb looks and sounds good but plays bad.  It feels like a homebrew from the days when expectations of homebrews were low, and we were glad to have anything new for a platform.  You can read my mini-review here.  Since it is the ONLY game for the Phoenix that won't also play on a ColecoVision (which is why I'm logging the time here), I was willing to give it some grace, but I'm sure when the NES version of the game starts getting shipped there will be some VERY negative reviews.  Here's how I scored it:

• Graphics 5/5 <- excellent these have the be the best on the Phoenix
  • Sound & Music 5/5 <- superb; Phoenix > NES?
  • Core Game Features 2/5 <- it never broke on me
  • Story and World 2/5 <- could have been so much more
  • Puzzles and Design 2/5 <- needed more of a challenge

• Like 4

A nice variety of games played around here this past week! I started off the week finishing up the original 3 chapters of Duke Nukem 3D on the Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour remaster for Nintendo Switch, then did a full play through and (for the first time ever) beat my childhood favorite game Kid Dracula on the Game Boy! After that I spent the rest of the week putting my Xbox Game Pass subscription—that was generously gifted to me by a fellow AtariAger—to good use playing through Dead Space 2 for the Xbox 360 for the first time. It was one heck of a ride and I think I enjoyed it even more than the original Dead Space, though Dead Space: Extraction on the Wii is still my favorite entry in the series. Wrapping up the week, I decided to get in a bit more retro gaming time playing the timeless classic Streets of Rage 2 on the Genesis and actually managed to beat it single player on normal difficulty for the first time! I did have to use one continue on Stage 8, but still managed to make it to the top of the high score board before continuing. :)

DSC00710.thumb.JPG.2e846d72bfd9b7371c854d0aa87ad241.JPG

DSC00712.thumb.JPG.1aa655c564e6e1b4550c2cd0618abd41.JPG

Ineligible

Kid Dracula (Game Boy) - 181 minutes

Streets of Rage 2 (Sega Genesis) - 172 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - 195 minutes

Xbox 360

Dead Space 2 - 1,440 minutes

1,988 minutes (33 hours 8 minutes) [1,635 minutes eligible]

Xbox 360: 1,440 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 195 minutes

Game Boy: 181 minutes

Sega Genesis: 172 minutes

• Like 3

XB1

Medium, The (103 min)

PC

Among Us (275 min)

Hades (404 min)

Terraforming Mars (126 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (308 min)

Tried playing The Medium again, but the constant framerate drops are aggravating. Played Among Us again on Friday, focusing on the Polus map this time. Came in dead last in the Terraforming Mars game I played with friends on Sunday. And Hades continues to be a treat. Made it past the Hydra into Elysium (the 3rd level) once in my 20 attempts so far.

• Like 1