IGNORED

Rob Wyatt

phuzaxeman

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2021 at 2:15 AM, Oneinchbiceps said:

I'd say it's probably still on going or they settled out of court just judging from the lack of news. Just a guess though, I don't know anything about it. Love to get an update if anyone has one. 

The court granted Atari's motion to set aside the default. I May 2021, Atari filed a motion requesting dismissal of the case or transfer to a federal district court in New York. The court still has not ruled on that motion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Civil litigation can drag-on for a really long time. Indeed, in several Canadian jurisdictions, civil matters are currently not being heard until an unspecified future date -- adding to even long delays. 

It has not quite reached the level of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce, but it is getting close. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jhd said:

Civil litigation can drag-on for a really long time. Indeed, in several Canadian jurisdictions, civil matters are currently not being heard until an unspecified future date -- adding to even long delays. 

It has not quite reached the level of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce, but it is getting close. 

I've been an attorney since 1993 and have seen how long cases can drag, particularly in a COVID-19 world. I have friend that filed a medical malpractice case in 2017 and I am a potential witness. The trial has been delayed numerous times. It is finally supposed to got trial in May.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

You can follow the docket here. "Tin Giant" is Wyatt's company:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17040305/tin-giant-llc-v-atari-gamebox-llc/

The last action seems to be from May 2021, when Atari attempted to change venues from Colorado (where Wyatt lives) to New York, which is presumably more convenient for Atari. Wyatt contends this was done in order to make it more difficult for him, a person with limited resources, to pursue his case that Atari breached his employment contract.

In my professional opinion, Atari's actions are a dick move but it's nothing new for them. They're still contesting a jury verdict that Redbubble (t-shirt and sticker print-on-demand company) did NOT infringe on Atari's trademarks, and are trying to get out of paying Redbubble's court costs. Atari initiated this, and they knew the risks going in, they just didn't like the outcome. 

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/7123128/atari-interactive-inc-v-redbubble-inc/

• Like 4

On 2/26/2022 at 5:16 AM, Flojomojo said:

You can follow the docket here. "Tin Giant" is Wyatt's company:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/17040305/tin-giant-llc-v-atari-gamebox-llc/

The last action seems to be from May 2021, when Atari attempted to change venues from Colorado (where Wyatt lives) to New York, which is presumably more convenient for Atari. Wyatt contends this was done in order to make it more difficult for him, a person with limited resources, to pursue his case that Atari breached his employment contract.

In my professional opinion, Atari's actions are a dick move but it's nothing new for them. They're still contesting a jury verdict that Redbubble (t-shirt and sticker print-on-demand company) did NOT infringe on Atari's trademarks, and are trying to get out of paying Redbubble's court costs. Atari initiated this, and they knew the risks going in, they just didn't like the outcome. 

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/7123128/atari-interactive-inc-v-redbubble-inc/

Actually, Wyatt's move to file in Colorado to begin with was questionable. His LLC signed a contract to litigate the matter in New York and he's the one that chose the improper forum. He's not even a party to the contractor form a legal standpoint, so he's added himself to the lawsuit and try and get around the terms of the contract.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1