IGNORED

HSC18 - WELCOME AND GAMES LIST

3 hours ago, carlsson said:

Oh dear @slx, you missed the HSC for the first half of December 2020 when we played Last Squadron.

?? 

Always too busy before Christmas. So consider my request null and void and I'll have to play it on my own.

11 hours ago, slx said:

Last Squadron should be in as well (winner of the ABBUC contest)

6 hours ago, slx said:

?? 

Always too busy before Christmas. So consider my request null and void and I'll have to play it on my own.

We might make an exception for that one as it is so good, there is also the chance of the "commercial" relase version too.

59 minutes ago, RedThunder said:

Rally Speedway with more custom tracks would be cool again.

RT

Get cracking on the tracking, if you have a few ready I'm sure I can be tempted into doing some more, it was great fun last time :thumbsup:

Same for anyone who creates anything, we will play it/them they will not need to win a poll :!:

As usual will probably start the first poll of the Season with Classics that everyone can play, that remind me I have a pile of wounded joysticks to fix ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, therealbountybob said:

We might make an exception for that one as it is so good, there is also the chance of the "commercial" relase version too.

And it is totally different game in plus, now is: more enemies, 3 mode of game and many more minor changes...

Ok, returns to thema:

1. Pole Position is always ok

2. Disc'o'pop

3. Moon Patrol redux and classic (always good)

4. Defender and Drop Zone againInsert other media

I must think about nexts.

Edited by Sikor
  • Like 1

Yeah. In my logs for 2020, I count to having played 54 different Atari 8-bit games (about 99% within the HSC). Out of those, I categorize 16 games (29.5%) to be classic games I have played before on any format, 4 games (7.5%) to be modern homebrews I have played before in some form, 7 games (13%) to be classic games I had heard about but never played and the remaining 27 games (50%) to be games I never had heard about, both classic and modern games.

14 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Yeah. In my logs for 2020, I count to having played 54 different Atari 8-bit games (about 99% within the HSC). Out of those, I categorize 16 games (29.5%) to be classic games I have played before on any format, 4 games (7.5%) to be modern homebrews I have played before in some form, 7 games (13%) to be classic games I had heard about but never played and the remaining 27 games (50%) to be games I never had heard about, both classic and modern games.

Looks like carlsson is heading for an eatly bonus point :thumbsup: consider yourself in the lead, bask in the glory and imagine what it's like to be World HSC Champion... of the World :o

shhh, rumour has it that the first poll has started!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

I've "just" emailed about 100 former players so let's hope to see a few of them return for action!

Thanks for the invite.  :)   Sure, sounds like fun.   So when is this kicking off?

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 6:24 PM, therealbountybob said:

Get cracking on the tracking, if you have a few ready I'm sure I can be tempted into doing some more, it was great fun last time :thumbsup:

Same for anyone who creates anything, we will play it/them they will not need to win a poll

I'll get on the case ? Got to remember how we created them last time.

Off to remind myself.

On 1/5/2021 at 6:24 PM, therealbountybob said:

Same for anyone who creates anything, we will play it/them they will not need to win a poll

13 hours ago, RedThunder said:

I'll get on the case ? Got to remember how we created them last time.

Off to remind myself.

Same goes for Arcade Machine creations etc. If anyone has any homebrew stuff, levels cretated for anything let me know and we will play it/them.

23 hours ago, RedThunder said:

Got to remember how we created them last time.

Make Trax in the menu. You need (to emulate) two joysticks, one to select road element and one to position those. Remember to change the direction of travel for each curve and straight in case one crashes so the car isn't facing the wrong way. I made a test track the other day, but nothing I'm ready to share.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SHiNjide said:

I found (accidental) my 130XE in the basement and it put a smile on my face. ☺️ Still looking for cables and power brick, but I’m confident. Stay tuned!

Cool, just be careful with the power brick. If it's an 'ingot' style one it may well kill your xe. 

On 1/10/2021 at 7:31 PM, carlsson said:

Make Trax in the menu. You need (to emulate) two joysticks, one to select road element and one to position those. Remember to change the direction of travel for each curve and straight in case one crashes so the car isn't facing the wrong way. I made a test track the other day, but nothing I'm ready to share.

Had a quick tinker - need to watch out for hitting Option as it flood fills the screen and you lose everything ? save regularly and number the tracks on screen with some trees or something!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 3:46 AM, therealbountybob said:

The classics will all apear in the polls - there are people out there who will join in when they see them. Playing games again is ok, I'll use my usual discression to make sure there is enough play for 2 weeks for those who are keener. I kept it low key last season and there were few multi game rounds so it makes no difference to participation.

Pole Position

TGACCRR

Whistlers Brother

Nibbler

Blue Max 2001

Gumball

HiJack!

Tank Commander

Beach Head I & II

Beach Landing

Aquatron

Fanda platformers again like Beer Belly Burt, Nuclear Nick, Ollies Follies, Ghost Chaser

So I'm a little lost one the when/how of voting on the list for this season. 

• Like 1