IGNORED

CastleVania 2: Simon's Quest

4 hours ago, sn8k said:

What kind of stupid ass logic is that? There is nothing contradictory about what I said. Dracula X is my least favorite. Too floaty, controls suck. And I dont want Rondo of Blood to play the same way and I wouldn't know if it did because I never played it.

Open a dictionary and review big words before using them.

You answered my question at least! Give Rondo a fair shot. I think you'll find it a much, much better experience than the Dracula X.

• Like 1

My logic is fine and that also wasn't directed at you either.  It's just an early form of internet crybaby entitlement butt hurt they didn't get a CD released game in Japan and instead we got a side story spinoff of such a game on SNES, therefore it's crap.  That seems to be the entire roll up about it being overly simplified.  While the idea was to be a port, it was taken in another direction and ultimately was treated as its own thing a separate continuity.  Sure they clearly share a lot of similarities, but they're in no way the same game.  The SNES game at best could be considered a side story/gaiden of sorts to the CD title but conveniently bundling it as some crap CD conversion isn't right.  I'll leave it at that, not going to get into some fanboy push battle over semantics, IGA called it a different continuity and not the same, so I'm good with that.  Whether whoever 'you' is in this, ok with it or not, that's a personal choice.

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

My logic is fine and that also wasn't directed at you either.  It's just an early form of internet crybaby entitlement butt hurt they didn't get a CD released game in Japan and instead we got a side story spinoff of such a game on SNES, therefore it's crap.  That seems to be the entire roll up about it being overly simplified.  While the idea was to be a port, it was taken in another direction and ultimately was treated as its own thing a separate continuity.  Sure they clearly share a lot of similarities, but they're in no way the same game.  The SNES game at best could be considered a side story/gaiden of sorts to the CD title but conveniently bundling it as some crap CD conversion isn't right.  I'll leave it at that, not going to get into some fanboy push battle over semantics, IGA called it a different continuity and not the same, so I'm good with that.  Whether whoever 'you' is in this, ok with it or not, that's a personal choice.

Yeah.  How dare people have the nerve to be bothered by the fact that, for many years, they missed out on (easily) one of the best games in the series and were instead offered up a shitty re-imagining.  The audacity.  By the way, weren't you the first person to cry about Dracula X getting a bad rap?

I don't recall myself or anyone else here labelling them as the same exact game.  But to deny the similarities to the point of typing: "they're in no way the same game" is downright delusional.

Are the graphics, music, and controls on par with Chi no Rondo or are all three, obviously, inferior?  This is nothing more than an immature bias on your part.

Did Igarashi have anything to do with the actual creation of either game?  No?  Then why the fuck are you quoting him?  He's not the keeper of all things Akumajō Dracula.  In fact, he didn't contribute anything to the series until about a decade into its existence (Gekka no Yasōkyoku).  That's 11 or 12 games that Igarashi didn't have shit to do with.  The first time his name even made it into print was as a mere mention under Special Thanks for Chi no Rondo, alongside a lot of others.  Just because the guy partakes in cosplay and nerds out over the series doesn't make him any kind of authority on games he didn't help make.

• Like 3

Basically yeah, they do have some nerve trying to demean one game, which isn't the other, just to puff up the one they got denied.  Have fun with your fantasies though, clearly we're not going to agree, nor will anyone care what they said about it either being a separate continuity different game.  Whatever works to make that argument better at the cost or something else, same crap lawyers, politicians, etc do too.  Have fun with your incoherent ramblings if that makes you better taking a shot at someone who cultivated and grew that franchise, because the internet tough guy bane of knowledge is superior.  Pathetic you all piled on that game, then me for defending it from the classic weak arguments that come up when this was supposedly about Castlevania II anyway.

16 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Basically yeah, they do have some nerve trying to demean one game, which isn't the other, just to puff up the one they got denied.  Have fun with your fantasies though, clearly we're not going to agree, nor will anyone care what they said about it either being a separate continuity different game.  Whatever works to make that argument better at the cost or something else, same crap lawyers, politicians, etc do too.  Have fun with your incoherent ramblings if that makes you better taking a shot at someone who cultivated and grew that franchise, because the internet tough guy bane of knowledge is superior.  Pathetic you all piled on that game, then me for defending it from the classic weak arguments that come up when this was supposedly about Castlevania II anyway.

What's wrong with you? The only one with incoherent ramblings is you. First you say people didn't like it before knowing about Rondo, then you say people hate it because of Rondo, then you dare call people who don't like it pathetic crybabies, when the only person who's having a tantrum here is you. Everyone else is fine to like or dislike it based on their own experiences.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 7:51 PM, Rhomaios said:

What's wrong with you? The only one with incoherent ramblings is you. First you say people didn't like it before knowing about Rondo, then you say people hate it because of Rondo, then you dare call people who don't like it pathetic crybabies, when the only person who's having a tantrum here is you. Everyone else is fine to like or dislike it based on their own experiences.

There have been many days where Tanooki should step away from the keyboard and get some fresh air, but he doesn't. What he also tends to not understand is that many people have actually had experience with some of these games, and as a result have formulated their own opinions based on that. Not everyone thinks a certain way simply because they read about something on the internet, heh.

I think it's perfectly fine to enjoy Dracula XX. I myself do. That said, I can go on all day why I think it's an average Castlevania at best, with or without comparisons to Rondo. However, I'd say that even average Castlevania games are still better than most games.. so yeah.

To the guy that doesn't want to give Rondo a try based on the experience with SNES Dracula X, you're definitely doing yourself a disservice. There's a good reason Rondo is often touted as one of (if not) the best in the linear line of Castlevania games. Give it a try sometime.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Austin said:

I think it's perfectly fine to enjoy Dracula XX. I myself do. That said, I can go on all day why I think it's an average Castlevania at best, with or without comparisons to Rondo. However, I'd say that even average Castlevania games are still better than most games.. so yeah.

To the guy that doesn't want to give Rondo a try based on the experience with SNES Dracula X, you're definitely doing yourself a disservice. There's a good reason Rondo is often touted as one of (if not) the best in the linear line of Castlevania games. Give it a try sometime.

Yeah, Dracula XX is actually not that bad. I think most people say it's bad because it's not Rondo. It's definitely still one of the weaker games in the series, but that alone makes it better than a lot of other games that have been released. The only bad Castlevania game is... maybe Haunted Castle? I don't know. I still get some enjoyment out of the Japanese version of that game.

Anyway, yeah, in the past, I'd have said that Rondo is absolutely the best game in the entire series, but I've been seriously reconsidering that after playing Akumajou Densetsu a few more times recently. Don't miss anything that says Dracula X on it, especially Rondo.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...