IGNORED

Complete List of Games Released in the New VCS Store

Mockduck

Woot, new games:

The Darkside Detective

The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark

Published by Akupara Games, developed by Spooky Doorway

$12.99 each. The first game debuted in 2017 as a pixel/retro inspired point and click adventure focusing on goofy jokes and horror. The first game has been called the "first season", and the followup A Fumble in the Dark came out earlier this year for PC, consoles, and even Stadia. The price is the same on the VCS as other platforms, although there is a 10% discount on Steam for buying both. Also released on GameJolt; perhaps part of the Atari/GameJolt partnership referenced in press releases prior to retail release.

https://www.spookydoorway.com/

https://www.akuparagames.com/

http://darksidedetective.com/

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone involved in the creation of this thread. The one thing that made me hesitant to buy an Atari VCS, was how difficult it was to track down information regarding new releases. 

Thanks to the diligence and hard work of those involved, this is no longer an issue. 

I will be following this thread with much enthusiasm, as new titles are added throughout the year (and beyond). 

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Released 10/26/21: 

Pedra! - $3.99

This is a tricky puzzle game developed by a one-person indie studio that goes by the name Tucasoft. The object is to unlock the exit then get to it, but the trick is only one side of your six sided cube will "paint" (activate) the block it faces down on. Definitely a brain-bender! 

• Like 3

NEW GAMES ADDED: 

10/28/21:

Black Widow Recharged     $9.99 

The latest in the Recharged series, based on Black Widow from the arcade, which is an early twin-stick shooter.

10/29/21:

Dark Chambers (Atari 7800)      $2.99

This week there's only one instead of the two games released for Flashback Fridays from the first two weeks. Dark Chambers is a classic console game from 1989 inspired by the 1983 game Dandy. Released for multiple consoles, it's a dungeon crawler maze game. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Released 12/14/21:

Asteroids: Recharged      $9.99

The fourth Recharged game in the series! Asteroids is a game about how much triangles hate rocks and their infinite sacrifices made to keep imperfect geometry from infesting their world.

Yes!!! I’ve been waiting for Asteroids: Recharged to finally release!

58 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Released 12/17/21:

Asteroids (Atari 7800)      $2.99

This week's Flashback Friday is the Atari 7800 version of Asteroids. 

Purchased earlier this morning.  It’s been all Asteroids this week and I’m not complaining. ?

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...