IGNORED

Layereds' Layer - The A-Z of C64 games reviewed

A movie-length review of a series of books called "The A-Z of C64 Games" by Kieren Hawken, aka Kizza aka Retro Laird aka the Laird of Forsyth. This is without doubt the angriest, most in depth C64 book review ever!

Full contents:

0:00:21 Intro

0:05:03 Arkanoid
0:07:58 Bomb Jack
0:09:40 Bubble Bobble
0:12:09 Cabal
0:14:40 Double Dragon
0:17:10 Empire Strikes Back
0:21:01 Enduro Racer
0:24:55 Hard Drivin'
0:28:02 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
0:30:41 Joe Blade
0:31:54 Klax
0:33:53 LED Storm
0:36:13 Lemmings
0:38:04 Milk Race
0:39:07 Ms Pacman
0:39:52 Ninja
0:41:50 Operation Wolf
0:43:24 Question of Sport
0:45:13 Quick Draw McGraw
0:47:51 River Raid
0:51:32 Road Blasters
0:54:24 Shadow Warriors
0:57:26 Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
0:57:53 Thrust
1:00:36 Thunder Blade
1:05:28 Untouchables
1:07:16 Uridium
1:09:45 Victory Road
1:11:39 World Games
1:13:05 Yogi's Great Escape
1:14:53 Zenji

1:15:59 Final thoughts

A huge "Thank you" to everyone that sent evidence, screenshots, emails, messages, images, video clips and other content for this book review. This video couldn't have been made without you all!

Fair Use provision allows someone to: "comment, criticise or parody a copyrighted work without being guilty of copyright infringement". This video, therefore, is acceptable as a full and frank review of the publication/s in question. 

If this video is struck down for any reason, I will stick a thread on AtariAge.com where you'll be able to find out more details and alternate download links. The last time a certain somebody tried this on, they lost their youtube account in the fallout from a fake takedown notice. Will he be as foolish to repeat the process by claiming a video he clearly didn't create?

Permission is granted for ANYBODY to download and mirror this video on any site you choose, or use any part of the video however you wish. The video is also present on other tube sites.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, well...

Something caught my eye in the image in the video.. played about with the colours and saturation in PSP...

Original Image:

image.thumb.png.5bc00a0f45c90c9958fa66837a1c76ee.png

Colour edited and mirror:

image.thumb.png.a5c031903603cafaea40ca208b4eaf3c.png

The other side appears to say "DC RIP" + something else...  but it couldn't possibly be...  because he denied all knowledge....

Hello, Dave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2021 at 3:57 AM, CyranoJ said:

Ah, the Reboot-HQ incident.

Kieren must often recount to anyone who will listen the tales of his life spent doing strange things in male toilets.

It's just his Star Wars, empire strikes back third film, re-enactment society meetings.

They mostly concern themselves with the light saber dueling though...

• Like 1

This video is fantastic. I see the thumbs down have also already been delivered by Kiere-I mean... Forza 77 and Joe Milano.

Essentially, there is very little to dispute in this video. It's an exercise in highlighting the factual inaccuracies, careless 'writing' and plagiarism he so often engages in.

Honestly, after seeing the contents of that publication, I've seen more legible, thought-provoking things written in shit on walls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CommodoreCEO said:

This video is fantastic. I see the thumbs down have also already been delivered by Kiere-I mean... Forza 77 and Joe Milano.

Essentially, there is very little to dispute in this video. It's an exercise in highlighting the factual inaccuracies, careless 'writing' and plagiarism he so often engages in.

Honestly, after seeing the contents of that publication, I've seen more legible, thought-provoking things written in shit on walls. 

It hasn't stopped him bringing out further titles.
It truly shows his blatant disrespect for the community and/or his total stupidity.
"It's been proven without a doubt that I am a charlatan so I shall continue to do so. My sales will skyrocket."
Dickhead.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've downloaded that video. I've got a fair collection of them now.

I am going to *try to keep out of this, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy seeing the Lard, hoisted with his own petard.

I think LS sums it up perfectly when he says 'total disrespect for the community'.

It would only take a couple of months to produce an 'alf decent book on any subject, pretty much, but he can't be fucking arsed.

Besides, I suspect for a good few systems he doesn't actually want to do a good job of it (C64, NES, Gameboy?) because he openly hates those systems.

Happy to take your money... not happy to do even a run of the mill job of it !

---

This is probably the only instance of a 'Blockhead' writing FOR money.

Edited by Guest
small - clarity