IGNORED

Harmony Encore SD slot still spring-loaded push-push?

Sohl

Hi!  I received my Harmony Encore and so far it is working great!  I can run any of the ROMs I put on the SD card.  Thanks for this cool product.

However, when I first put in the full-size SD card, I didn't really feel the normal spring pushback and click.  And when I try to press the SD card in further, I don't get feel it move and get ready to pop out.  Is it possible the current carts don't use the sping-load click mechanism any more?  I know some users had trouble before and damaged their Harmony carts by yanking out the SD card, and want some advice before I try to remove the SD card from my Harmony Encore to reload so I don't damage it.  Thanks for any info!

In order to continue to produce Harmony carts at the lower price, I made some changes to the design. One of the changes was to use a push-pull SD card slot. This change also allowed for a smaller, less complex PCB.

I can still make an older board with the push-push SD slot as I have a handful of these still, and would do that upon request. However note that the older board uses a mini-B USB cable which is getting harder to find, while the newer carts now use the common micro-USB cable.

• Like 1

Batari: No, I should be just fine with the one I got!  I just did not want to mess it up right away.  Thanks for clarifying.

--

Mike

P.S. Maybe update the manual to make it clear that there are two types of SD slots and how to identify and use each.  I am fairly sure I downloaded the latest manual .pdf file when my cart arrived in the mail last week.

Edited by MLockmoore
Added PS.

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2021 at 1:30 PM, batari said:

In order to continue to produce Harmony carts at the lower price, I made some changes to the design. One of the changes was to use a push-pull SD card slot. This change also allowed for a smaller, less complex PCB.

I can still make an older board with the push-push SD slot as I have a handful of these still, and would do that upon request. However note that the older board uses a mini-B USB cable which is getting harder to find, while the newer carts now use the common micro-USB cable.

Ah, thanks for the update, I was looking for the place to comment on these changes. The manual is still old, so I was like ? Anyway, works great, thank you!!