IGNORED

Mirror sprite/error in menu

Andrew Davie

Here's a weird one. I left the PlusCart displaying a file (my new User Manual.txt).

Came back into the room half-hour later, and some of the letters were mirrored. Must be a glitch in REFP0/REFP1 somewhere.

What we're seeing here is pairs of letters swapped left/right, and mirrored. That's because each sprite (containing 2 letters) is mirrored.

Very odd. Only seen it the once....

IMG20210110194959.thumb.jpg.213dbf791afafa705f683a11f58fa216.jpg

4 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Here's a weird one. I left the PlusCart displaying a file (my new User Manual.txt).

Came back into the room half-hour later, and some of the letters were mirrored. Must be a glitch in REFP0/REFP1 somewhere.

What we're seeing here is pairs of letters swapped left/right, and mirrored. That's because each sprite (containing 2 letters) is mirrored.

Very odd. Only seen it the once....

IMG20210110194959.thumb.jpg.213dbf791afafa705f683a11f58fa216.jpg

Was it an encased PlusCart? was it a thin PCB?

sometimes slight vibrations (like closing the door to hard, or children shaking the desk) can cause effects like this with a thin PCB PlusCart that is not encased.

2 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Was it an encased PlusCart? was it a thin PCB?

sometimes slight vibrations (like closing the door to hard, or children shaking the desk) can cause effects like this with a thin PCB PlusCart that is not encased.

I have made a fix - will post in a few minutes.

The mirror registers were not initialised...?   In any case, I now write them ever frame.