IGNORED

The hamburger experiment

Just now, atari2600land said:

The pea in this game is being used as the missile. It should say Lettuce is shooting peas now. I will have other vegetables in the game, like an eggplant. And corn. I must add corn.

Ah, so Peter is just a victim of the Evil Lettuce, who is using him for its foul deeds.  Gotcha!

The first thing I do with a burger with lettuce is to pull it out, or if it is shredded/chopped lettuce then I hold up the burger and do a parting of the seas and the let the lettuce fall out.

This is the way I like my burgers:

Meat and cheese - who needs a bun?

Edited by fdr4prez

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

That has too many ingredients based on my last statement:

1 hour ago, fdr4prez said:

Meat and cheese

And it also falls into the same category as my first statement:

1 hour ago, fdr4prez said:

The first thing I do with a burger with lettuce is to pull it out, or if it is shredded/chopped lettuce then I hold up the burger and do a parting of the seas and the let the lettuce fall out.

That lettuce needs to go...

If i want a salad: lettuce, tomato, onion, dressing (mayo, ketchup, mustard, etc) then I wouldn't be eating a burger.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Where I have lived all my life,all the ingredients are on top of the burger.

The burger needs to grip the bottom bun so it doesn't slide out.

Haven't you eaten at a Carl's Jr before?

Famous Star:

image.png.a828c112ca10ac5014ea038955da7d18.png

Plus, am I the only one around here that eats their burger upside down?

Would you eat your burger upside down? | Toluna

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

Haven't you eaten at a Carl's Jr before?

Famous Star:

image.png.a828c112ca10ac5014ea038955da7d18.png

Plus, am I the only one around here that eats their burger upside down?

Would you eat your burger upside down? | Toluna

I always get a western bacon cheeseburger,so I never noticed that!?

Just bun,burger, cheese,bacon,onion ring and bbq sauce on it. I do occasionally get burgers elsewhere and it's always burger on the bottom. 

I always tell my Wife it is amazing that we've never had a bad bacon western cheeseburger! ?

I worked at Carl's Jr as a teenager, and we weren't allowed to just make anything we wanted, but we did. 

So I liked making a double-double-western burger.

4x patties and 4x cheese, and unlimited bacon!

At that time the bacon was freshly fried at each location, so I cooked a lot of bacon.  that was good stuff.  Shortly before I left they changed to pre-cooked bacon so it only needed to be re-heated under heat lamps = BARF

It hasn't been the same since.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

If i want a salad: lettuce, tomato, onion, dressing (mayo, ketchup, mustard, etc) then I wouldn't be eating a burger.

True. A number of years ago, I had a visit from a Polish friend. He was on a LCHF diet so when we went to Max to eat, he didn't want any of the burgers with a bun but he also didn't want the one encased with lettuce so he somehow managed to order a couple of hamburger patties and cheese on a paper plate, with a few slices of tomato on the side, no lettuce if I recall correctly. While the restaurants often go by slogans like "have it your way" (e.g. Burger King), I barely could believe my eyes to what he managed to order and how it was served. In more recent years though, I have seen several YouTubers going through drive-in at different restaurants ordering just a hamburger patty with cheese, which is served in a small plastic container. Usually it is meant as a gag but apparently the restaurants are prepared to serve and charge for that non-standard order.

41 minutes ago, carlsson said:

True. A number of years ago, I had a visit from a Polish friend. He was on a LCHF diet so when we went to Max to eat, he didn't want any of the burgers with a bun but he also didn't want the one encased with lettuce so he somehow managed to order a couple of hamburger patties and cheese on a paper plate, with a few slices of tomato on the side, no lettuce if I recall correctly. While the restaurants often go by slogans like "have it your way" (e.g. Burger King), I barely could believe my eyes to what he managed to order and how it was served. In more recent years though, I have seen several YouTubers going through drive-in at different restaurants ordering just a hamburger patty with cheese, which is served in a small plastic container. Usually it is meant as a gag but apparently the restaurants are prepared to serve and charge for that non-standard order.

I've had my share of lettuce wrapped burgers, but they tend to be sloppy as you eat them.

5-Guys and Red Robins offer lettuce wrap or plate options, too.

I was at a local pub that is known for the Philly Cheesesteaks and they put it on a bed of shredded lettuce for me.

• Like 1

Perhaps we should try to convince Atari2600land to make the buns a power-up in the game? Or maybe a story driven game where you start as a single hamburger patty and then gain experience in form of bun, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and bacon (of course!!) over the course of playing.

13 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

I worked at Carl's Jr as a teenager, and we weren't allowed to just make anything we wanted, but we did. 

So I liked making a double-double-western burger.

4x patties and 4x cheese, and unlimited bacon!

At that time the bacon was freshly fried at each location, so I cooked a lot of bacon.  that was good stuff.  Shortly before I left they changed to pre-cooked bacon so it only needed to be re-heated under heat lamps = BARF

It hasn't been the same since.

I still love the burger now,but that's a great story.

I'm sure if I worked there I would have made that same burger!?

• Like 1

Lotsa stuff added.

• made it so there's more enemies than just lettuce. Corn and eggplant have also been added.
  • I also added in the chicken nugget. If you touch it, you get an extra life. The nugget only appears if you have <9 lives.
  • fixed a few bugs about shooting in the middle of enemies dying and other stuff.

herts9.zip

• Like 2

Added in a boss level. I don't know why it had to take up a few HOURS of programming to get it just right, but it did. The boss is a giant eggplant that shoots giant peas at you. Shoot the eggplant 20 times to defeat him. Once you get past level 2, the game freezes because I didn't program level 3 in yet.

shot0008.gif.13e67148aade3bbec7863a0e46d3e6d3.gif

herts_2021_01_19_intv.zip

• Like 1