IGNORED

which game would you most like to have?

andreaspv

which game would you most like to have?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. with the prayer that some developer, make a port for Atari 7800 ..

• GYRUSS
    • POOYAN
    • TAPPER
    • MOON PATROL

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I see that there are guys who are very good at programming .. this is the reason for my topic ... as an atari fan (I own all A2600, A5200, A7800) I would like to see some famous ports that are missing ..

for Atari 5200 Gyruss came out and it's really good .. I don't know if you know the cartridge version ..

Schermata 2021-01-11 alle 12.48.45.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mksmith said:

Love playing Gyruss on my Mame cabinet - such a great game and the music is great too.

i upload a new video of gyruss... some days ago..

RETROPIE THEME is my creation for CRT and HDMI monitor... 

Edited by andreaspv
  • Like 1

Just now, toiletunes said:

Gyruss, Tapper, and Moon Patrol were decent enough on 2600, and games like 1943 are not my favorites,  so I voted Pooyan.

thank you... i m tried to put in list most famous arcade (and simple in graphic... to have possibility to someone can port them)

17 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

100% Gyruss, especially if someone was able to compose an incredible version of the music using Pokey.

The 5200 and A8 versions already have a pretty darn good POKEY soundtrack; a 7800 version could add in firing sounds via TIA (much like COMMANDO uses both POKEY and TIA sounds), plus multi-colored sprites. I'd be all over a 7800 version. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

100% Gyruss, especially if someone was able to compose an incredible version of the music using Pokey. Gyruss has one of my favourite soundtracks of any game.

- James

yes, sure it could be a great version .. hopefully!

4 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

The 5200 and A8 versions already have a pretty darn good POKEY soundtrack; a 7800 version could add in firing sounds via TIA (much like COMMANDO uses both POKEY and TIA sounds), plus multi-colored sprites. I'd be all over a 7800 version. 

exactly... who could port? @ZeroPage Homebrew

Just a friendly comment and I don't mean to be rude, this is like your 4th post asking for a port of Gyruss in a couple of days. Porting a game from any platform (Atari or otherwise) to the 7800 is a lot of work. Maybe even hundreds of hours. It also doesn't happen overnight.

Programmers / Developers usually have their own projects to work on. They aren't paid and even if a game makes it to cart, the payback equivalent is usually pennies. That's why we make stuff that appeals to us or that we find interesting. If someone takes on Gyruss, that would be cool but that won't happen just because you keep asking :) 

There are lots of other projects going on, check them out, try the demos, provide feedback.

Maybe someone will pick up Gyruss, maybe not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, andreaspv said:

I kindly reply .. some time ago I started a project on another platform, they asked me, I started and made it public for free.

So it's a simple request.

Why don't developers earn anything if they sell a game?

a) The number of cartridges that would need to be sold in order to fully compensate developers for their time and effort is always much higher than the number that actually sell.  There aren't a million people out there looking to buy 7800 software these days; it's a very small audience.

b) Piracy.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

a) The number of cartridges that would need to be sold in order to fully compensate developers for their time and effort is always much higher than the number that actually sell.  There aren't a million people out there looking to buy 7800 software these days; it's a very small audience.

b) Piracy.

reading your comment, I must say that a little bit is right. I hadn't thought about piracy, as I imagine that those who buy Atari, like me, love to have, see and touch the little houses ... in addition to all the "rest" .. maybe then it would be more correct to collect for those who decide to create a game..

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

Here you go.

This version is enhanced for AtariVox. The secret code is Up, Down, Left, Right, Fire - to unlock the demo. (only works with atarivox).

Enjoy!

COD_BLOPS_CW.a78 48.13 kB · 2 downloads

Can I get on the reservation list?

• Haha 1