IGNORED

Accessing SD card remotely

tocksin

Is there any way to access the SD card remotely while it's installed in the FujiNet?  For example, to move files on or off from another computer?  I'd hate to have to pull the card out to load files on, then reinsert it.  For example, I'd like to be able to take a disk image which I've mounted to a drive, and save it back to the SD card.  Or maybe drop files into the web interface to transfer them to the SD card.  Seems like the SD card has taken a back seat to the TNFS route.

3 hours ago, tocksin said:

Is there any way to access the SD card remotely while it's installed in the FujiNet?  For example, to move files on or off from another computer?  I'd hate to have to pull the card out to load files on, then reinsert it.  For example, I'd like to be able to take a disk image which I've mounted to a drive, and save it back to the SD card.  Or maybe drop files into the web interface to transfer them to the SD card.  Seems like the SD card has taken a back seat to the TNFS route.

There have been requests for being able to quickly save a tnfs disk to SD card but it's not implemented. You can however use a disk copier: create/mount a new disk image on the SD card and copy the disk from a tnfs server to your new disk image.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been daydreaming of a way to upload files to the fujinet via its web interface. Like, it wouldn't even have to be a file browser necessarily or whatever, although that would also be cool, but it could just be a little box that lets you choose a file and then click "upload". I know it's doable with PHP and such, but I don't know how doable it is with what's available on the fujinet :)

16 hours ago, phigan said:

I have been daydreaming of a way to upload files to the fujinet via its web interface. Like, it wouldn't even have to be a file browser necessarily or whatever, although that would also be cool, but it could just be a little box that lets you choose a file and then click "upload". I know it's doable with PHP and such, but I don't know how doable it is with what's available on the fujinet :)

it is, there's a complete web server that can handle form requests (even from file upload widgets), somebody just needs to do it. I've got several pokers in the fire.

-Thom

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 1:23 PM, tschak909 said:

it is, there's a complete web server that can handle form requests (even from file upload widgets), somebody just needs to do it. I've got several pokers in the fire.

-Thom

This would be a nifty feature, and it might help the UI congestion problem with adding file management to the A8 config side.

Also neat (but I haven't looked at the hardware so I don't know about the feasibility) would be

• The ability to mount the SD card over USB
  • The ability to run TNFS onboard served up over wifi

46 minutes ago, OxC0FFEE said:

This would be a nifty feature, and it might help the UI congestion problem with adding file management to the A8 config side.

Also neat (but I haven't looked at the hardware so I don't know about the feasibility) would be

expounded below...

Edited by tschak909

42 minutes ago, OxC0FFEE said:

and yes, as far as TNFS over wifi, it is possible to compile the TNFS server on ESP32, it would need to be included as a library, and launched as a thread. We have enough PSRAM and flash memory to hold it.

It is VERY much doable, and anyone who wants to hack on these features in the firmware, contact us, and we'll point you in the right directions. I'm just _VERY_ swamped with N: at the moment.

-Thom

44 minutes ago, OxC0FFEE said:

The SD Card over USB will be problematic though, as the USB port is actually wholly exposed as a serial port only, via the CP210 UART chip, and has no connection otherwise to the ESP32...You'd have to implement a USB controller over SPI and redo the board to use it, not trivial.

-Thom