IGNORED

What's wrong with "Pitfall II - Lost Caverns"?

vitoco

I can start Pitfall II from the Popular ROMs menu, but when I exit the emulation of this game using the right-reset keystroke, I return to an empty menu, and a series of connection errors and weird behaviors in the menu. This does not appen with other ROMs from that folder.

Might this be a DPC emulation issue? Something that remains in the emulation at the ROM exit?

BTW, in the PlusStore Statistics page, the filesize of this game appears as "10.2490234375 KiB" instead of a rounded value.

13 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@Andrew Davie it's even worse Pitfall II is not working with the current DEV version, seems like the wrong bankswitching is used/detected there.

I pushed a fix for the current dev version, but the behavior on exit is the same here.

DPC is using the ccm RAM and deletes our menu entries, we have to reload the current path after exiting DPC.

5 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

DPC is using the ccm RAM and deletes our menu entries, we have to reload the current path after exiting DPC.

Ah, well that explains this code which I had marked as "...?"

else if (cart_type.base_type != base_type_None) {

emulate_cartridge(cart_type, d);
    set_menu_status_byte(STATUS_StatusByteReboot, 0);
    menuStatusMessage = /*main_status = */exit_emulation;

// ...?
    if (d->filesize > (BUFFER_SIZE * 1024) || cart_type.base_type == base_type_DPC) { // reload menu
      truncate_curPath();
      menuStatusMessage = buildMenuFromPath(d);
    }
  }

I guess it's not working as it should be, then.

Additionally to the CCMRAM the DPC emulation fumbles around with our system ticker (SysTick). We have to set this back to 1 KHz after the emulation, because the UART communication with the ESP8266 depends on this..

9 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

Interesting. What specifically was the problem on the warning change?

https://gitlab.com/firmaplus/atari-2600-pluscart/-/commit/c90b4cbe39b43eb77de3486722d4c081cd9eaa38

I reverted your changes to the calculation of "dpctop_music" and "dpcbottom_music"

It compiles now with warnings and better sound ?

2 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

https://gitlab.com/firmaplus/atari-2600-pluscart/-/commit/c90b4cbe39b43eb77de3486722d4c081cd9eaa38

I reverted your changes to the calculation of "dpctop_music" and "dpcbottom_music"

It compiles now with warnings and better sound ?

And yet the code looks OK.

The *type* of the shift variable must have been incorrect.

Sorry about that - given I changed literally hundreds of lines of code I'm happy to not be perfect. For once. ;)

• Like 1

I believe it is always possible to write correctly functioning code without warnings.

I have modified the code once again - and although I'm just about the last person in the world to ask about sound -- it seems OK.

Could you please review/verify.  As you know, I am a strong believer in the value/correctness of treating warnings as errors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I believe it is always possible to write correctly functioning code without warnings.

I have modified the code once again - and although I'm just about the last person in the world to ask about sound -- it seems OK.

Could you please review/verify.  As you know, I am a strong believer in the value/correctness of treating warnings as errors.

sounds good ?

I will upload this dev version for the dev version test group.