IGNORED

Action! Cart not working.

kensu

I just got an Action! Cartridge and it won't work with the Fujinet, which basically renders it next to useless. Fujinet will load instead of the cartridge, and booting with the option key just leads to a black screen.

I have confirmed that Action! works with the Fujinet unplugged, and other cartridges work with the fujinet present. Is this a known issue? Anyone have any ideas?

4 minutes ago, kensu said:

I just got an Action! Cartridge and it won't work with the Fujinet, which basically renders it next to useless. Fujinet will load instead of the cartridge, and booting with the option key just leads to a black screen.

I have confirmed that Action! works with the Fujinet unplugged, and other cartridges work with the fujinet present. Is this a known issue? Anyone have any ideas?

Wow, dude. *shake-head-and-facepalm* :)

The ACTION! cart, is just like any other language cart, in that it loads the disk first before vectoring off to the cartridge.

In the case of the FujiNet configuration program, it interrupts that process, so that it can mount any images into device slots, it is not a DOS in and of itself, so you need to provide one, mount one from atari-apps.irata.online/DOS/ into D1: mount a blank disk into D2:, OPTION to boot, and when the DOS gives the opportunity to jump to the cartridge, it will wind up in the ACTION! editor. (Be sure to format any blank disk images you create with the DOS of your chocie.)

-Thom

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, kensu said:

Did you try pressing the reset button when you got a black screen?

I only ask because I have seen an issue with the Action! cart where I get a black screen with a bunch of garbage characters. However, it is not triggered by Fujinet. I see it if I also boot a Spartados 3.2 disk with the Action! cart plugged in. When this happens, I press reset and things are fine. 

-JP