IGNORED

HSC18 Round 1: NIBBLER

4 hours ago, RedThunder said:

Wave 10

Dont half get quick :)

PS Rally Speedway

Made a start on some tracks. I was thinking....

Super Sprint homage.

Basic F1 2020 tracks.

LOL wait until he hits the speed of light, I forgot about that!

If anyone is wondering what we are on about with Rally Speedway, when we have enough homebrew tracks we will play them for a HSC round, so if you create some and test them you will have an advantage - fair enough eh?! RT you have already whetted my appetite so I will try and get started on one this week :thumbsup:

oops nearly forgot to post my score: 510,210 :o

237328921_HisNibbles.jpg.5d13113a999c9b9a72435ecc00a5c29c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

LOL wait until he hits the speed of light, I forgot about that!

If anyone is wondering what we are on about with Rally Speedway, when we have enough homebrew tracks we will play them for a HSC round, so if you create some and test them you will have an advantage - fair enough eh?! RT you have already whetted my appetite so I will try and get started on one this week :thumbsup:

oops nearly forgot to post my score: 510,210 :o

237328921_HisNibbles.jpg.5d13113a999c9b9a72435ecc00a5c29c.jpg

That's too good!  I will redouble my efforts (at least to break 100k)

• Like 2

Nibbler: 103,770 (Round 14?)

20210117_222200.thumb.jpg.f7780a4ebc54401ff6821f2e1087472b.jpg

Always a fun game!! 

Just FYI: I ran into a bug on my last play - somehow, I managed to eat the last dot AND myself at the same instant. (The collision detection doesn't register a dot as eaten at the very tip of the snake's nose - it registers slightly farther back in the head. So you can overshoot the final dot and bite yourself at the same moment the dot is registered as eaten.) I died, but was then dropped into a maze with no dots to eat. I just had to circle until I lost my last life from time expiring. ??

Probably won't see that happen too often, though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, graywest said:

Nibbler: 103,770 (Round 14?)

Always a fun game!! 

Just FYI: I ran into a bug on my last play - somehow, I managed to eat the last dot AND myself at the same instant. (The collision detection doesn't register a dot as eaten at the very tip of the snake's nose - it registers slightly farther back in the head. So you can overshoot the final dot and bite yourself at the same moment the dot is registered as eaten.) I died, but was then dropped into a maze with no dots to eat. I just had to circle until I lost my last life from time expiring. ??

Probably won't see that happen too often, though.

Yes there are a couple of features that can ruin a good go see first post - ones right next to body and also tail from side I think.

Keep the scores coming, post pics of your setup's like Cebus above :thumbsup: hopefully we will have nore players join in over the next two weeks :waving:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Yes there are a couple of features that can ruin a good go see first post - ones right next to body and also tail from side I think.

Keep the scores coming, post pics of your setup's like Cebus above :thumbsup: hopefully we will have nore players join in over the next two weeks :waving:

You're right - I missed that part in your first post. Luckily it's not too hard to avoid.

Here's my setup - my wife banished the Atari room to the basement, even though some of this stuff, like the Pound Puppies, is hers. ?

20210118_203144.thumb.jpg.f133f333748aee2824ea50f9218523d8.jpg

A little bit of improvement on Nibbler - I think I hit level 16 or 17: 149980

20210118_202643.thumb.jpg.fe4167f76798ab53dc8909c33bf3ab60.jpg

Edited by graywest
  • Like 3