IGNORED

HSC18 Round 1: NIBBLER

On 1/21/2021 at 5:19 PM, graywest said:

If you need some inspiration to get those high scores, "Man vs. Snake" (a documentary about the world's best Nibbler players) is available on YouTube (legitimately) for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gf-DQxy-dg

I just watched that documentary.  Very cool!  Thanks for posting it!  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deteacher said:

253,320!

I keep losing lives on the early rounds.  I have to stop doing that!  LOL!

Level 16 and 17 are my nemeses!

Nibbler 253320.png

Yeah, 16 and 17 are tough! I can't figure out a good pattern and just end up dying 2x on each level.  There's got to be a good way to section out the map so that Nibbler can stick to one area consistently, clean it, then move out.

• Like 2

59.040, level 10, getting too fast for me as I just don't manage to take the required turns even in case I happen to know in time where I should go. Nevertheless a very nice game. I don't recall playing it back in the day and wasn't aware Rock-Ola had been in the arcade market. (Just read about the quest to get a billion points and decided not to give it a try.)

image.thumb.png.ad35515ddc3818b5955704e97585c8f4.png

• Like 3

This game was last played in 2009.  TRBB blew away the competition with a whopping 1.8 million points!  Once you reach level 38, the game calms down and the speed resets.  I'm only up to level 23, so I'm not sure how much further I'll get (especially when I keep losing lives on the earlier rounds.)  ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deteacher said:

Decent breakthrough:  354,440!  Level 26!

Nibbler 354440.png

Nice!

I think I've given up at this point. My best joystick for this is the Pointmaster and it's now starting to have issues....I hate to blame the hardware but just can't find that perfect stick with enough throw to stop me from making dumb decisions but short enough to react after level 19...

Part of it is my reflexes too though, haha!

• Like 1