IGNORED

Information on this EPROM programmer?

TheDurabun

Hello everyone!

I picked up this device at a surplus electronic store, and I wanted to know if you folks might have more information on what it is, how to use it, etc.? I believe it is an EPROM programmer but I cannot find any info on it when I look it up or the associated company (Timely Technology). I wondered if it could be used to write to EPROM chips for creating homebrew cartridges for the 2600 but I'm not sure what else I would need to get it hooked to a modern computer. I think one of the cables is a parallel port but I'm not 100%. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with this!

IMG_20210116_194148390.jpg

IMG_20210116_194206762.jpg

IMG_20210116_194153043.jpg

IMG_20210116_194334838.jpg

IMG_20210116_194344671.jpg

It's most likely just a witty company name because it's really a time machine, so you can allways go back 4 years when you get it working.

I've also chosen to spend way to much time on stuff like this..

Instead of buying an everdrive cart I bought two 24Mbit super magic drives, to take two ram chips from one and make the other 32Mbit, bought and replaced a special battery, bought three disk drives to get one working, bought a power adapter for the disk drive, bought an old laptop with a paralell port, and learned ucon64... 

Actually that's a bad example since it was totally worth it, looks sick, and I can dump my undumped prototype carts, as soon as I find them at the thrift store, any day now, I can feel it.

I actually sd-card modded the n64 mr. backup seen in the video to, the sd-card slot cost more than an everdrive and it would hang all the time, not worth it.

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 5:32 AM, Andrew Davie said:

I think you will save about... mmmh.... 4 years of your life... buying a modern one instead of trying to get this one working on a modern PC!  But, I've been known to do crazier things, so who am I to discourage you.

Haha, yeah I imagined that would probably be the best way to go forward. I figured I would post here to see if there was any info on this thing. If nothing else, it's a pretty neat piece of tech to have.

Anyway, if you guys have any suggestions for easy to use programmers and equipment, I am all ears! Otherwise I'll scour the forums for more info. Thanks everyone!