IGNORED

Many Atari arcade titles have not yet been ported

chewy

Not just Atari, there are a ton of forgotten arcade games that were never ported. Was just thinking much of the joystick+spinner games would work on 2600 and or 7800 like Tron Arcade, Mad Planets, Krull Arcade. Need a flightstick joystick rather than a CX40 to reach the fire button but...there is a paddle or a driving controller there that can go in Port2.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/277009-mad-planets-cabaret-build/

I think Crazy Climber on 2600 could have been handled better on 2600 besides the weird release method, as it's a single player arcade game that uses two joysticks, but uses one on 2600, which itself has two joystick ports so...? Guess a lack of dual-brackets didn't help. I quite liked the Battlezone hack Thomas did for two joystick control but again flightsticks are better for that. Idk I think a lot of meat was left on the bone as far as two joystick port use and single player games.?

Some of the matter is hardware related whether an arcade port can even control well or not Egs. does a peripheral exist, can it adapt with a bracket or some duct tape heh, how many people even have that peripheral?

Little premature to announce anything yet but I'm focusing on such things in 2021. ? Okay a little preview, was thinking Toobin' would be nice to have on 2600 or 7800 but not many of us have a T&F controller so maybe something new is in order that handle button mashing games.

https://atariage.com/controller_list.php?SystemID=2600