IGNORED

Home-brew arcade ports?

Jase

Hi - my retro console collection is expanding, and I'm strongly considering adding the G7000.

One of the things I enjoy is playing the arcade conversions on 70's and 80's hardware for their quirks and charm. And also for making something happen that we could only dream about as kids of the 80's!

It surprises me that there doesn't seem to be any arcade ports for this?

I understand Atari had the rights to most, and even KC Munchkin was removed from sale for what I'd say is scant similarity to PacMan.

But I wonder about the home-brew scene. Is anyone doing a John Champeau style renaissance of arcade ports for the G7000? And if not... WHY NOT! ?

On 1/23/2021 at 5:03 PM, Jase said:

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to look into programming this system and see if it’s something I could get into.

I'm actually surprised out how much homebrew attention my beloved O2 gets, but there haven't been a lot of homebrew arcade ports.  The only one I can think of off the top of my head that might qualify is Puzzle Piece Panic (Tetris).  If you want more info on programming the O2 I'd check out the Videopac forums here:

http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php

• Like 1