IGNORED

What's the name of that new joystick?

bfollowell

Yeah, I was shocked to see mine coming so soon. I ordered from the Chinese site and it said shipping would be up to three months, but I just noticed that it made to my hometown distribution center yesterday morning. Assuming I get it by Wednesday it'll be three weeks since it was shipped. Not too shabby at all. The way shipping is these days, I don't think everyone can count on that though. Jurgen sent me a replacement SysCheck 2.2 from Germany and it just made it to my local distribution center this morning, but it was shipped November 23, so about 2.5 months.

Edited by bfollowell

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just finding this.  Watched some videos and discovered the fact that button 2 functionality changes based on the config you choose.  I REALLY wish Atari 7800 was one of the pre-configured options.  https://retroradionics.co.uk/ now has an option to ship from the USA which is nice.

I'm debating pulling the trigger which probably means I won't buy.  I just have so many joysticks already, but this one really does seem special.

Note that when I added the stick that ships from the USA to my cart, it indicated shipping was $15 (no tax for me in TX).  Shipping from China was only about $13 (but could take 60 days).

4 hours ago, wongojack said:

Note that when I added the stick that ships from the USA to my cart, it indicated shipping was $15 (no tax for me in TX).  Shipping from China was only about $13 (but could take 60 days).

You're right, it could, or maybe even longer. I was pleasantly surprised that mine arrived in only three weeks though. Mine shipped January 27 and I received it on February 16 or 17.

Edited by bfollowell
  • Like 1

I ordered mine with shipment from the UK (I'm in the UK)

Took a week to get to me.

Really nice quality but I do find that the throw is a bit long for my taste. I will be adding a heavier duty spring and a throw reducer when I get around to buying the parts.

Overall though I'm very pleased with my purchase. I was getting tired of my old sticks crapping out on me. Cheaper for me to buy this than rebuild parts for a cx-40

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, wongojack said:

I'm just finding this.  Watched some videos and discovered the fact that button 2 functionality changes based on the config you choose.  I REALLY wish Atari 7800 was one of the pre-configured options.  https://retroradionics.co.uk/ now has an option to ship from the USA which is nice.

I'm debating pulling the trigger which probably means I won't buy.  I just have so many joysticks already, but this one really does seem special.

Is it possible to mod it for 7800 use? Also, can you replace the buttons with real sanwa buttons?

Thanks!

It doesn't make any difference what model you choose, it's the same stick, I don't even know why they ask for the model, maybe it's so they know what machines to target with hardware next?

Yes you can fit real sanwa buttons and real sanwa sticks if you want. I use real sanwa springs, gate and actuator on mine.

It should be possible to mod for 7800 but there is nothing specific on the PCB to assist you in that.

• Like 1