IGNORED

Mad Age & This Guy (in VCS Store)

Mockduck

I also recently bought this game, and it gets full marks from me and a friend. Very catchy
music, very challenging puzzles, and it's got that "one more time", "I missed up" thing too.

As the game is new on the AtariVCS with Linux, but the puzzles were probably the same
on other machines, this complete walk-through may save you a lot of trouble / frustration.

• Like 2

Hi guys,
Thank you very much for your kind words! Almost all creators of "Mad Age & This Guy" are atarians: Mac - lead designer, Insert - graphic designer and me as a programmer. So we are very pleased that our game is liked by Atari fans.

PS, those "roomba things" are inspired by Boulder Dash's butterflies, so its move exactly same way ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, nosty said:

Thank you very much for your kind words! Almost all creators of "Mad Age & This Guy" are atarians: Mac - lead designer, Insert - graphic designer and me as a programmer. So we are very pleased that our game is liked by Atari fans.

PS, those "roomba things" are inspired by Boulder Dash's butterflies, so its move exactly same way ;)

It's great to hear from you. Thanks for the input! Czesc!
Is there any chance you'll bring other games to Linux and the VCS? I saw your the Steam version of MATG is Windows only.
e.g. https://store.steampowered.com/app/875310/Liberated/

Cheers, and thanks,

Richard / JustClaws.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nosty said:

Hi guys,

That's funny, because I am also totally stuck on Boulder Dash Deluxe's butterfly-focused levels. :) Definitely a me problem! Thanks for writing, and good luck on everything ya do in the future!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, justclaws said:

It's great to hear from you. Thanks for the input! Czesc!
Is there any chance you'll bring other games to Linux and the VCS? I saw your the Steam version of MATG is Windows only.
e.g. https://store.steampowered.com/app/875310/Liberated/

Cheers, and thanks,

Richard / JustClaws.

Yeah, kind of weird at this loint to have a VCS version and not a Linux version on Steam.

• 8 months later...

I just completed Mad Age and really liked it. I feel like it is a game that doesn’t get much attention but deserves a look if you like Bomberman-type games. Especially for the low price, I think it is a great value. Some levels were definitely challenging but not so much to get really frustrating. And they are short enough that you don’t get infuriated if you die right at the end of the level and have to go through again. Compared to Sigi and the Aery games that can be beaten very quickly, Mad Age kept me entertained in small doses for a few weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This was one of the first games I purchased for my VCS mainly due to its low price point, I’ve still to finish it as I’ve basically forgotten all about it to be honest due to other games until I seen this post!. I do remember having a blast with this game so if anything I’ll probably jump back into it soon and get it completed!  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Does the game only support Modern/Classic controller or am I just bugged? I can't seem to get past the menu screen with my corded PS3 controller (all other VCS games work great with it so far) or my mouse/keyboard. Unfortunately, the Atari controllers were not included in the VCS console version I bought. The only input that the game seems to accept for me is the home button to exit the game.