IGNORED

Zool Handheld by Systema

doctorclu

So in my collecting of Zool (Alien Ninja from the Nth Dimension) I picked up a handheld game.   Anyone have any idea what batteries it takes?

20210128_185939.thumb.jpg.b6e50dfb9347844ce4066bccacfc8eb5.jpg20210128_185953.thumb.jpg.20968311fbc587a226c19ec38413b4a8.jpg

20210128_185920.thumb.jpg.8e59123b349b9be57aeeacaed8a6510f.jpg

This game also mentioned here:

https://www.gremlinarchive.com/index.php/2020/09/05/zool-lcd-electronic-game-systema/

• Like 2

They look to be LR44 batteries or similar, which can be found at Wal-Mart, CVS, etc.  Wal-Mart has them at the battery islands; CVS / Walgreen's may have them stocked as hearing aid batteries.

I can't tell for certain, but is one hiding under the conductive cover on the right-hand battery bay?  If so, you may have a reference to work from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is actually excellent advice about looking under the conductive cover.  

So next question, since I have never seen a conductive cover like that, how, if you have ever experienced one of these before, would you remove the conductive cover?

Carefully pry it up?

16 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

That is actually excellent advice about looking under the conductive cover.  

So next question, since I have never seen a conductive cover like that, how, if you have ever experienced one of these before, would you remove the conductive cover?

Carefully pry it up?

If it was me digging around in there, I'd take a pick / bent paperclip / other similar small implement and try to very gingerly fish it out by the small tab going down into the open battery bay.

What I can't tell is how that conductive cover may attach to the PCB.  Could be soldered, could be wired, could be a pressure-fit when the battery cover is in place, could be something else.  Being careful while figuring this out would be advisable.

3 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

If it was me digging around in there, I'd take a pick / bent paperclip / other similar small implement and try to very gingerly fish it out by the small tab going down into the open battery bay.

What I can't tell is how that conductive cover may attach to the PCB.  Could be soldered, could be wired, could be a pressure-fit when the battery cover is in place, could be something else.  Being careful while figuring this out would be advisable.

Of course naturally.  Appreciate the opinions and will proceed cautiously.

So far I have only seen two occurances of this game.  The one that Gremlin Graphics mentions as a picture from an auction, and this one.    Even a systema fan site did not have this listed as one of the games.

• Like 2