IGNORED

DUST COVER FOR ATARI VCS 400 & 800!

grey/msb

"Retro Venture" is pleased to present you our next product, which is currently in production! This is the anti-dust cover for the new ATARI VCS 400/800 console! We invite you to participate in a survey that will allow us to determine the final unit price.

Payment is currently not required - you will be informed soon about the price and methods of payment by e-mail. However, we ask that only people who are sure of their decision take part in the survey.

Thank you!

CLICK ON THE SURVEY HERE

pudelko_wizualizacja_VCS_1-1_1000x1000.jpg

VCS-pokrywa-1-1-cmyk.jpg

Edited by grey/msb

We know what the machine looks like. There's no point showing that. Show a sample cover!
29 Eur is too much for my pocket, when the machine is going to be in regular use. Sorry.
Also, FYI, there will be no Atari VCS 400. Atari specified that the base will be the 8GB 800.

Hello Guys! The dust-cover is in production, we will show it as fast as it's done :) You can read about the quality of our previous dust-covers at Ebay for example (for Atari Jaguar and Atari 2600 Jr.): RETRO VENTURE

We will also add something extra to the box, as usual :)

If there's no Atari VCS 400 planned, we will remove "400" from the box - thanks for the hint justclaws! we will surely check it before printing all stuff ;) The price is not high, taking into account the cost of mold production, which is VERY expensive (and you still need to produce covers separately).

We don't expect any money for pre-orders in advance. So don't worry. Just take part in the survey and help us estimate the real demand - even if you eventually change your mind.

Edited by grey/msb

OK, so it's a transparent plastic cover. Dust cover to me brought to mind a tailored fabric cover.
I will do what you should do - show an example of your covers, to give a basic idea of the form!
On this basis, it looks more interesting, but I'm not sure. As the VCS has no cart slot, it's ideal.

jag_cover.jpg

@justclaws: sure mate, you are right :) I could paste any pic of dust-covers... sorry :) i am working alone on many other projects, so I am probably a bit tired :) but thank You!

well, dust-cover for the new Atari VCS wasn't my idea, but people were asking me about it (Ebay and directly in mail). So I thought there was a demand for it (dust can accumulate between the gaps at the top I think). 

however, I am surprised how many people are negative about the new VCS and react with anger even when trying to support this platform. Just to be clear - I was also not an enthusiast and did not believe that this console will finally see the light of day. I also know people in Poland where I live who have bought VCS and plan to write new software. We, as "Retro Venture", do not plan to release games for this console, but the funds obtained from the sale, for example from these anti-dust covers, will be allocated to new original games for whole range of Atari systems - from Atari 2600 to XL/XE, ST/STe, Falcon and Jaguar (the first two games will be presented in March - on Atari XL/XE and Jaguar - no ST port, but original Jaguar game).

Edited by grey/msb

1 hour ago, grey/msb said:

well, dust-cover for the new Atari VCS wasn't my idea, but people were asking me about it (Ebay and directly in mail). So I thought there was a demand for it (dust can accumulate between the gaps at the top I think). 

however, I am surprised how many people are negative about the new VCS and react with anger even when trying to support this platform. Just to be clear - I was also not an enthusiast and did not believe that this console will finally see the light of day. I also know people in Poland where I live who have bought VCS and plan to write new software. We, as "Retro Venture", do not plan to release games for this console, but the funds obtained from the sale, for example from these anti-dust covers, will be allocated to new original games for whole range of Atari systems - from Atari 2600 to XL/XE, ST/STe, Falcon and Jaguar (the first two games will be presented in March - on Atari XL/XE and Jaguar - no ST port, but original Jaguar game).

On the dust covers, there could indeed be a demand - there is so far a market of over 10K units shipped, so it seems.
You're right about dust collecting between the grooves - the same as those on the Jaguar. I'll certainly consider one. ?

Yes, some people love to hate the Atari and the VCS, for various different reasons, and some do get angry others enjoy it.
Those of us who bought one, and didn't sell it on for a big profit, are generally pretty pleased with it, and excited for more.

Very interesting that you're going to release a new Jaguar game. I'm very interested for that! My Skunboard3 is from Poland.
W życiu prywatnym bardzo polubiłam Polskę, mam kilku polskich przyjaciół. Z pewnością VCS skorzystał na wsparciu polskich twórców gier do tej pory.
Jeśli potrzebujesz testerów, jestem tutaj. ? Pozdrawiam, Richard.

@justclaws: 

On the dust covers, there could indeed be a demand - there is so far a market of over 10K units shipped, so it seems.
You're right about dust collecting between the grooves - the same as those on the Jaguar. I'll certainly consider one. ?

10K? I heard about 6K, Wow.

Yes, some people love to hate the Atari and the VCS, for various different reasons, and some do get angry others enjoy it.
Those of us who bought one, and didn't sell it on for a big profit, are generally pretty pleased with it, and excited for more.

Yes, and that makes me sad a bit. I am a die-hard ATARI fan, I own Atari 2600 Jr, Atari 800XL/65XE/130XE, Atari 1040STFM/STE, Falcon, Lynx and Jaguar. So I know what real ATARI is :) I am also organizing "Silly Venture" Atari-only party in Poland since 2000. But whatever people say, like it or not... it is a new device with ATARI logo. Not something we really expected... but still. 

Very interesting that you're going to release a new Jaguar game. I'm very interested for that! My Skunboard3 is from Poland.

Glad to hear! And you see - Poland seems to be a pioneer when it comes to supporting Atari computers and consoles ;)

W życiu prywatnym bardzo polubiłam Polskę, mam kilku polskich przyjaciół. Z pewnością VCS skorzystał na wsparciu polskich twórców gier do tej pory. Jeśli potrzebujesz testerów, jestem tutaj. ? Pozdrawiam, Richard.

Wow, Richard :) That's something I didn't expected ;) Your polish is quite perfect! :D And thanks for the proposal. I will keep it in mind. 

Cheers matey.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, grey/msb said:

@justclaws: I added bigger description along with your Jaguar photo :) to the survey. Btw - where did You get it? :)

VCS 800 DUST COVER SURVEY

I THOUGHT I got the photo from your web-site or Facebook! I thought it was your promotional photo originally. :-D 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:23 AM, justclaws said:

some do get angry others enjoy it.

Do you have an example of this?  It seems like, you tend to state things as reality, just because you believe it.  Reminds me of something, I wonder what that could be.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 1:42 PM, grey/msb said:

@Mockduck: well, generally dust-cover shouldn't be put on when the console is switched on to avoid overheating. But thanks for Your wishes mate and the hint ;)

It looked to me like one of those hard wraparound cell phone or tablet-style covers; didn't realize it was meant to be popped on and off every time you boot up the system. 

@CPUWIZwell, I posted this news also on various FB profiles... two were deleted after stating that it's not true ATARI, reaction with laugh, anger etc. I don't want to quote it in public. We do it with love for the whole ATARI community, don't want to warm up this topic - we are enough busy working on news games for example :) Cheers!

3 hours ago, grey/msb said:

@CPUWIZwell, I posted this news also on various FB profiles... two were deleted after stating that it's not true ATARI, reaction with laugh, anger etc. I don't want to quote it in public. We do it with love for the whole ATARI community, don't want to warm up this topic - we are enough busy working on news games for example :) Cheers!

I am unsure about why you are addressing me, but whatever.  Good luck with your project!

• 3 weeks later...

We would like to thank everyone who decided to express their interest in the product dedicated to the new VCS 800 console. Unfortunately, the interest is too small and it would not even cover the production costs. However, we are not completely closed to users of this console - if you have any ideas that could work - please share them with us! Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Retro Venture Team

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

A number of users on the Atari VCS discord have been trying to find a VCS dust cover; I am wondering if there may be more interest in your product at this time since a few years have passed. In order to cover production costs, is it possible that you would consider doing this as crowd funded or with pre-orders?