IGNORED

Fantastic Night Dreams: Cotton Reboot

SlidellMan

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

It's also available on European and US eShops, as well as on PS4. But as 3 different releases, not a compilation. ?

Yeah, you can buy them separately if you want. I didn't look at the prices. Let me go check...

$17.99 each. Not bad when you consider that the Saturn versions are $200 for Cotton 2, $400~$700 (!!!!!) for Cotton Boomerang, and $200~$300 for Guardian Force... although the lag is so bad that it might be worth it to pay the $200~$700 each to get rid of the emulation lag if you really want to play these and you own a Saturn. These games all have some input lag on real hardware, but it's not nearly as bad as it is in this collection. I've heard that Cotton 2 runs like garbage on PC emulators, but I've never tried it myself since I have a real copy.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

I am no longer purchasing anything anymore that need updates in order to FIX a broken game that was shipped that way.  Sorry.  Perhaps for digital only games, but for physical it's absolutely unacceptable.  And yes I realize my one beagle protest is meaningless, but it's the principal.  Are these games really that broken? Grrrr

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

I am no longer purchasing anything anymore that need updates in order to FIX a broken game that was shipped that way.  Sorry.  Perhaps for digital only games, but for physical it's absolutely unacceptable.  And yes I realize my one beagle protest is meaningless, but it's the principal.  Are these games really that broken? Grrrr

Largely from what I've seen, no.  Some have issues, but you need to do something to really trigger it.  In the cases no, they were sloppy and shoved it out so it runs at an inconsistent framerate or has less than optimal visual assets/display settings that get tweaked.  As much as Bloodstained got rightly(to a point) dumped on for Switch, it was 100% playable and worked fine, it just was uglier as the big gripe, and second with large stuff in a few places it could get inconsistent.  Months later they patched it a few times to where it's on par with the others reasonably so, but had I never enabled net on my Switch, it would be alright, even more so in handheld mode.

The problem comes when you release a dumpster fire with problems so bad it crashes, not just sometimes, but enough you can be nervous about it just playing the game, or you can reproduce it in steps (which says a lot for testing incompetence.)  The other problem is rushing out something that may work, but is all sketchy as they didn't optimize it knowing they can stuff out a 0.99 and patch it.  Lastly the beef, worst, is the pricks who cheap out, and put a part game on a card(Switch) or disc even, then you basically have a fake game.  Any game like the last one, I wouldn't take for free even as it's a cheap waiver and a useless box.

There are strange ones though, hybrids.  Capcom sleazing out with the Megaman and Resident Evil packages with 1 real game and 1+fraud downloads.  They're happy to sell them full price, but to me, they're only worth the price of the non one time redeemable download (ie: the physical game.)  So I'd buy them, if they're like $10-20 breaking up the value over X titles. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

Yes, it's really that bad. This collection has 9~12 frames of lag on Switch and 9~11 frames of lag on PS4.

• Like 1