IGNORED

How many VCS units have made it to the public (Wal-Mart cancelled preorders)

yrly

So how many VCS units have actually made it to the public at this point? Reason I asked as I had had a preorder in for the carbon fiber Kevlar or whatever Wal-Mart called theirs which was cancelled after many months of sitting idle, so I just went and bought one off ebay. Unfortunately this leaves me without access to the discord. Most titles have ~150 reviews in the store and there’s maybe 20 units floating around ebay. 

• Sad 1

It's a pity that the person who sold you the VCS could not have sent the invitation Atari sent them, in email,
to you? Maybe that's still possible. The invite link is per-owner, one-time, but they can get a replacement...
Did you get an Onyx or one of the 6,000 collectors editions?

My intention has always been to try to help fellow owners here, by sharing any relevant information, tips etc..
I'm sure if you have a question, there has been a thread related to it, and somebody would try to help you.

2 hours ago, justclaws said:

It's a pity that the person who sold you the VCS could not have sent the invitation Atari sent them, in email,
to you? Maybe that's still possible. The invite link is per-owner, one-time, but they can get a replacement...
Did you get an Onyx or one of the 6,000 collectors editions?

My intention has always been to try to help fellow owners here, by sharing any relevant information, tips etc..
I'm sure if you have a question, there has been a thread related to it, and somebody would try to help you.

Just an Onyx. Tried to do it as cheaply is possible in case Walmart again offers up the carbon fiber/Kevlar one I tried to preorder. Not so much I need help with anything, more about providing any help I may have to offer, glitches I stumble across etc. I’ll try contacting the guy I bought it from and see if he has the discord link though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yrly said:

Reason I asked as I had had a preorder in for the carbon fiber Kevlar or whatever Wal-Mart called theirs which was cancelled after many months of sitting idle,

It's a shame they cancelled those orders as I wanted one of those as well.  I was going to gift my sisters family for Christmas but I didn't even get mine until January.  I wanted to make sure I liked it first before giving it as a gift.

10 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

It's a shame they cancelled those orders as I wanted one of those as well.  I was going to gift my sisters family for Christmas but I didn't even get mine until January.  I wanted to make sure I liked it first before giving it as a gift.

If/When they bring them back in store, I may pick one up to have one in another room.  They are fun little machines.

• Like 2

Just a guess, but it seems that almost all of the backer orders have shipped, so however many out of that 11,000 or so backers ordered a unit should be roughly the number of units in the wild. I saw on Discord yesterday that someone who placed a pre-order for joysticks outside of IndieGoGo received their items, so maybe Atari is starting to shift to pre-orders.